Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity – we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The District Manager is responsible for the successful operations of up to 20 store locations. Responsibilities include the workforce planning, hiring, training, counseling, developing store managers and retention of teammates to ensure the district financial goals are achieved. The District Manager sets accountability and expectations for teammates on the company standards, policies and procedures, and develops an environment which is conducive to accomplishing both the company and teammate personal goals.
- Develop Store Managers to become culture change leaders who produce a consistent 5-star Guest experience
- Ensure assigned locations (districts) are staffed in accordance with company workforce planning standards that ensure staffing matches demand
- Responsible for hiring, training, and developing of all store management and minimizing turnover
- Train, develop and lead Store Managers and Manager trainees on store operations, sales, product knowledge, and service techniques
- Manage budget and capital expenses to exceed objectives
- Manage budget to maximize profit potential of the district; develop recovery plans to address shortcomings as needed
- Conduct and document store visit cadence (every store at least once per quarter) which includes tracking action items and communicating follow-up expectations to the Store Manager
- Assure all required documents/processing/reporting, company policies, safety, regulations, and standards are met throughout the district
- Train, monitor, and ensure company safety and security standards are enforced to provide a work-safe environment
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Store Support Center teammates to include Executive Management, Marketing, Accounting, Payroll, Human Resources, and other departments as required
- Maintain knowledge of local market competitors, automotive industry, and new developments
- Manage district inventory within company established standards and policies
- Complete all Monro University required training with the guidelines and timing provided
- Perform other duties as assigned
The District Manager has leadership responsibility for the entire operations of up to 20 stores within the assigned district, with direct supervisory responsibilities for Store Managers. This position operates under the general direction of the Zone Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business a plus) and a minimum of 5 year’s management experience.
- Prior management in a multi-unit retail environment strongly preferred
- Tire or automotive-related business preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Self-aware, servant leader with proven experience managing a team of 10 or more employees where responsibilities included interviewing, hiring, training, counseling and termination of teammates.
- Previous experience with performance management including coaching, setting expectations, writing and delivering performance reviews, managing disciplinary actions, conducting investigations, and holding teammates accountable for results
- Strong motivator and role model to teams with the ability to proactively diagnose problems and provide effective solutions; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
- Proven practitioner in sales with the ability to train others in successful sales techniques and strategies
- Clear communicator of ideas, concepts, and initiatives including the ability to connect disparate data points into one message
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate business and financial documents regularly
- Ability to interrupt and calculate figures such as financial reports, discounts, interest, commissions proportions, and percentages; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to communication and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications with the ability to learn new and existing company specific software applications
- Demonstrated experience managing a P&L and familiarity with key line item management to impact results
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in an office environment with exposure to an automotive retail store environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Ability to work flexible hours/days including evenings and weekends; additional time may be required depending on business needs.
- Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods, and lift 50 lbs.; frequent reaching, bending, twisting, pulling, and pushing.
- Frequent travel within assigned district.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. You will receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.