- Provides care to patients in the ECT suite.
- Responsible for identified pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative nursing care activities involved in carrying out ECT (electroconvulsive therapy), which has been prescribed for the treatment of selected inpatients or outpatients at SP and frequently requires the use of independent judgment.
- Communicates with patients based on an understanding of the developmental needs of children, adolescents, and/or geriatric population.
- Works collaboratively with the anesthesiologist and those physicians who have been identified as qualified to administer ECT at this facility.
- Work requires ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and a thorough knowledge of psychiatric nursing and physical assessment skills – acquired through two years of college education in nursing.
- Work requires current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland at the time of appointment and continually throughout tenure in position.
- Work requires a level of knowledge of nursing process and physical assessment – acquired through one to two years’ inpatient psychiatric nursing, including regular practice of physical assessment skills and demonstrated teaching skills.
- AHA CPR required before first day of employment
Location: Sheppard Pratt · Nursing Admin – Baltimore/Washington Campus
Schedule: Part Time (Non Benefits Eligible), Day Shift, M-F, 0700-1530