Stellavise is looking for talented engineers to join our rapidly growing firm and help shape the future of solar design. You will work on challenging and rewarding solar projects of all types and sizes while helping to accelerate the growth of renewable energy!
If you enjoy a fast-paced and challenging environment, and seek continuous improvement in all that you do, then you will fit in well with our hard working yet fun-loving team!
Your Mission: Assist in the creation of electrical drawings to produce clear and correct plan sets for green technology energy projects. Learn the fundamentals of electrical design and pursue a Professional Engineering certification.
- Design commercial and utility scale solar PV systems (100kW to 100MW+)
- Create tools and training literature to expedite learning curve
- Analyze and simulate PV project energy production
- Perform electrical calculations to size equipment, cables, conduits, etc.
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Assist with day to day operations of a small company
- Communicate with local utilities and AHJs to ensure designs meet all requirements for interconnection and operation.
- Perform occasional site visits to determine electrical interconnection plan, design constraints and suitable locations for solar arrays
- At least 2 years of experience designing electrical systems
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET Accredited)
- Experience working with AutoCAD with an understanding of layer control, dimensions and scaling, sheet sets, blocks, xrefs, line weights, plot files, and file transmission.
- High Intelligence with the ability to retain new information and solve problems
- Detail oriented and produces high quality work
- Efficient and can stay on task
- Effective teamwork skills
- Strong work ethic with self-motivated mentality
- Licensed to drive and ability to visit sites occasionally
- Solar Design Experience
- Professional Engineering License in Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity with NEC
- Experience with AutoCAD software
- Basic knowledge of power systems
We believe our employees are our most important asset. We encourage professional and personal development and try to make the workplace an enjoyable environment. We provide a competitive compensation package including:
- Competitive Salary $70,000 - $150,000 (DOE) and Performance Bonus
- 9/80 Schedule with Every Other Friday Off Available
- 100% coverage of Employee Benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution of 3%
- Team-Building Events and Seasonal Gatherings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: Remote