The government client requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or if not fully vaccinated to have an approved accommodation based on valid medical or religious reasons.
1. Full vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for any/all positions that will require travel.
2. For any/all positions that DO NOT require travel, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be required. Medical and Religious accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but may be precluded by mission requirements.
Full vaccination (against COVID-19) is defined as: an individual must be either two weeks past the last shot of a two-shot vaccination sequence, or two weeks past the only shot of a one-shot vaccination sequence. Proof of full vaccination, or an approved accommodation, will be required prior to start date.
Description of Duties:
Electrical Maintenance Technician
supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Works in a team environment using Windows-based work order system for tasking.
- Duties of the Electrical Maintenance Technician position include but are not limited to:
- circuit component repair and or replacement
- troubleshooting system circuitry problems
- performing infrared scanning of circuitry panels and switch gear for overheating at connections and other anomalies
- performing other maintenance duties such as routine rounds to all mechanical and electrical rooms;
- operating and understanding the uninterpretable power system (UPS – Eaton mfg.)
- responding to any and all performance related anomalies on facility systems
This position is for a day/night shift electrician that works 8 hours Monday through Friday and covers a weekend every four to five weeks.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work well with others in a team environment.
This position will be filled at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO.
This position is expected to pay $43,400 – $66,200 annually; depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of the following teammate companies: HX5, GCS, ERC, MEIT or Aerodyne.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match), employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 5 years of general experience; Associate’s degree and 3 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of general experience; Master’s degree and 0 years of general experience.
- Must have 6 years of directly related experience with electrical systems
- Must have a current Colorado Journeyman’s Electrical License or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have, or obtain, an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Familiar with:
- Eaton Power Monitoring Systems
- Maximo work order system
- Siemens HVAC controls
- 12470 volt down to 24 volt distribution systems
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under [Link available when viewing the job] and [Link available when viewing the job].