Our Denver office has an opportunity for an associate with 2+ years of experience to join their expanding practice and assume a major role in employment litigation and advice matters with extensive contact with client representatives and opposing counsel.
Duties include, but are not limited to, performing legal research; drafting of legal memoranda, motions and pleadings; attending court conferences; handling discovery-related activities and investigations; and drafting of position statements and dispositive motions, employee handbooks, policies, etc.
We provide our associates with multiple writing, publishing and speaking opportunities as well as access to robust professional development training programs.
- To support the health and safety of our teams and work spaces, we require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to have received an approved accommodation based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
- Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be licensed to practice law and in good standing in Colorado. Must meet requirements for continuing licensure for law practice throughout employment.
- 2+ years of employment litigation experience.
- Job requires excellent analytical and writing skills; strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task; passion for client service and practice development.
- Excellent academics (e.g., top 25% of law school class) are expected.
- Experience in Human Resources/Management is a plus.
Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our attorneys including: comprehensive training and development programs including an annual firm-wide Attorney Retreat, CLE and bar admission expense reimbursement, several competitive annual bonus programs, 401(k) plan, affordable health and life insurance including dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc to provide 24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video, employee assistance program, back-up childcare program and a paid parental leave on-ramping program.
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. Premier client service, as outlined in the firm’s Client Pledge, is one of the firm’s top priorities and a cornerstone of its core values. U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” has named Ogletree Deakins a “Law Firm of the Year” for 11 consecutive years. In 2022, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Employment Law – Management category. Ogletree Deakins has more than 900 attorneys located in 53 offices across the United States and in Europe, Canada, and Mexico. The firm represents a diverse range of clients, including many of the Fortune 50 companies in the U.S.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.