Role: Engineering Program Manager
Location: Redwood City, CA
Reports To: Director of Product Management
Job Overview: As an Engineering Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the development and implementation process for our Product Design teams. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles at our headquarters in Redwood City, CA. If you want to work on interesting design and manufacturing challenges as an individual contributor with an A+ team, Bear Robotics is a perfect place for you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives for the mechanical engineering team
- Create and maintain project schedules and milestones
- Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects by updating and maintaining technical documentation and task management systems
- Review and administer engineering change requests in our PLM system
- Collaborate and facilitate communication across multiple teams, such as manufacturing, software, marketing and product to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals
- Identify potential blockers and provide timely issue resolution and critical path management
- Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making.
- At least 5+ years of combined experience in project management and mechanical engineering
- Minimum BS degree in mechanical engineering required
- Experience using Solidworks (CAD), JIRA (task management), Confluence (documentation) and Arena (PLM)
- Experience writing technical specifications, engineering requirements, test protocols, etc
- Proven track record of delivering robots or products of similar size and complexity, utilizing multiple materials and manufacturing processes
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of mechanical engineering and manufacturing processes
- Understands and deals well with rapid hardware development cycles
- Experience communicating with vendors and high volume manufacturers
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative and dynamic start-up environment as part of a small team
- Remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- A good sense of humor a must
- We are Bear Robotics, a team who has worked hard on developing our amazing robot Servi. Since starting in 2017, our culture of fun, collaboration, and smart ideas has catapulted us to the ~100 people at Bear Robotics you see today. We never stop looking for the brightest minds to help us solve big problems in the hospitality industry.
- As a startup, Bear Robotics provides the opportunity for personal development, cross-functional growth, and building up expertise in your field. We pride ourselves on communicating ideas rapidly, and achieve this by keeping our hierarchy flat and meetings to a minimum. People who come up with the best ideas and initiatives are rewarded in our employee bonus program!
- Servi autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings the dishes back for cleaning, but has no plans to stop there! Our goal is to become the number one company in the world for hospitality robotics. Servi is already in kitchens around the world, and we are on the cusp of mass distributing our robots. Apply today to join the Bear team!
If you feel you're ready for a professional adventure in robotics, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume with a short overview of yourself with salary expectations and why this role is perfect for you.