Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $5 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 4 short years 12 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 500 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Our Verifications team is hiring for Loan Review Specialists. We are looking for detailed oriented individuals to assist our customers with the loan application process. Our Loan Review Specialists are responsible for the accurate review, processing and decisioning of applicant loans. In this position, you would spend your day reviewing financial and identifying documents, assisting applicants over the phone, gather additional documents and following up with applicants to verify financial information to decision the loan application. This is a dynamic role partnering with our customers to provide a best in class experience.
We are hiring for various different shifts:
Monday - Friday 6am - 3pm
Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Wednesday - Saturday (4x10) 6am - 5pm
*Note: Weekend shifts are eligible for $2.50 shift differential pay
What you'll do
- Maintain high quality while processing large numbers of personal consumer loan applications
- Provide excellent customer service to inbound and outbound calls
- Answer customer service request via an internal communication system
- Be an expert on our product and processes
- Bring a flexible mindset – you will be required to adapt to changing policy and procedures on a constant basis while maintaining high-quality work
- Review financial documents submitted by the borrower
- Verify and calculate customer income
- Detect suspicious and fraudulent loan applications
- Meet or Exceed production, quality, and customer service goals
What you have
- 1+ years experience in a banking, financial services or related industry
- Previous contact center experience
- Ability to calculate financial information and strong problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of integrity
- Team player
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Knowledge of CRM applications and LexisNexis is a plus
This is an in office job- work from home is not offered. Our office space exceeds OSHA and CDC guidelines for workspaces amidst COVID-19.
Great OPEN office environment that is socially distant!
Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
Close to BART and other public transportation
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, HSA / FSA, life insurance & disability
Monthly Wellness Incentive Program
Paid time off
Kitchen stocked with beverages and snacks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status._
Candidate Privacy Notice_
Effective Date: 1/1/2020
This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide California consumers who are employed or apply for employment or a contractor position with Upgrade information about the categories of personal information Upgrade collects and how the company uses this information.
1. Personal Information Upgrade Collects
a. Identifying information: including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information.
b. Information you provide as a part of a job application or from a background check performed after a job offered is extended, including employment, education, credit, and criminal history.
c. Data on work productivity and performance, including hours worked, electronic network activity, and tasks performed.
2. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
a. To consider applications for employment.
b. To complete payments, including payroll, expense reimbursement, other compensation-related payments, and the administration of stock options.
c. To administer benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits.
d. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations.
e. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States.
f. To ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
g. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
Location: 275 Battery St 23rd floor, San Francisco, CA 94111
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location