- Manage work performed by staff and completion of projects
- Oversee Air Quality modeling, emissions inventory
- Management for the Regional Haze State Implementation Plan
- Function as technical and regulatory resource for staff, stakeholders, customers and public
- Ensure ADEQ maintains a trusting relationship with end-users
- Ensures the unit is in compliance with program goals, state and federal rules and regulations and grant requirements
- Manage unit budget
All our Unit Managers champion continuous improvement projects within the unit and recommend and implement program or operational improvements; assist in the development of goals and strategies; develop policies and procedures related to planning; ensure the unit operations meet established time lines and objectives; and provide guidance and interpretation of federal/state laws/regulations related to complex regulatory situations.
- Bachelor's degree in the fields of Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or closely related field
- 3-5 years of relevant Air Quality experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
- A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
- A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
- We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
- We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits pageRetirement:
ASRS Lifetime Pension BenefitContact Us:
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.