Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems.
The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person. Employees can expect to be in the office a couple of days per week as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance.
- Providing thoughtful guidance when managing conflicts of interest and ensuring compliance with the federal criminal conflicts of interest statute and the Code of Conduct;
- Working with employees to address and resolve potential conflicts identified through the Personal Trading Application;
- Conducting pre-employment and transfer conflict of interest reviews for potential and existing Bank employees;
- Reviewing employee disclosure forms and following-up with employees to resolve any potential conflicts of interest;
- Answering employee ethics questions, including but not limited to, outside employment, membership, and public speaking requests;
- Summarizing ethics issues and guidance given by ethics staff members in the office guidance database;
- Drafting and revising policies, procedures, and the annual report;
- Participating in the Office’s communication and outreach efforts, including Ethics Awareness Month;
- Assisting with the Office’s training efforts, including tracking employee completion;
- Assisting with other Compliance and Ethics Office work, as needed.
- Ability to identify and analyze issues, draw conclusions/propose solutions, and summarize them
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to discreetly handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong self-management skills including ability to handle multiple assignments at once and produce results under tight time constraints, both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with financial products (e.g., stocks, bonds, financial sector funds, IRAs, etc.)
- High degree of attention to detail and organization
- Agility in adapting to changing work demands and business developments
- Motivation to learn and grow in a team environment
Communicate Authentically: Empathetically engage one another with direct and transparent dialogue and listening. Actively discuss viewpoints with respect and compassion in a timely and candid manner, taking into account verbal and nonverbal cues. Ask questions, learn from each other, and share information widely to move the Bank’s work forward.
Collaborate Inclusively: Inspire a diverse and inclusive environment that empowers others to contribute meaningfully. Intentionally bring a diverse set of people together to achieve positive business results.
Drive Progress: Grow and adapt to changing priorities in the Bank. Experiment with new concepts and take appropriate risk to drive innovation. Remain curious and action oriented, navigating through ambiguity and uncertainty to drive outcomes.
Develop Others: Equitably champion, mentor, and develop others to grow professionally. Demonstrate vulnerability and empathy to create a trusted environment.
Take Ownership: Establish an environment of action and excellence by holding self and others accountable to execute to the highest standard.
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and receive a booster shot within 30 days of being eligible to do so, unless the Bank grants an exemption based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
must undergo an enhanced background check, comply with all applicable information handling rules, and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
First (United States of America)