Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
In addition, CS approaches Diversity & Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do! We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Corporate Services’ success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today!
As a Facilities TD Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide Facilities engineering leadership to the site organizations in support of Safety, Reliability, Quality, Environmental and Cost objectives.
- Own safety within area of influence
- Ensure systems operate reliably to avoid manufacturing/facility (or operations) impacts by meeting uptime goals
- Overlook projects to meet design criteria, scope, budget, and schedule
- Oversight of planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance, and modifications to equipment, machinery, facilities systems, buildings, and structures as required to support business requirements
- Deliver operational efficiency, maintenance, testing and commissioning solutions
- Collaborate with construction and operations teams to coordinate work in the field
- Identify and implement opportunities to achieve lowest cost of ownership to key stakeholders while maintaining reliability.
- Apply engineering skills and tools to deliver results
- Validate system performance;
- Collaborate with the Site Facility management team, suppliers, key stakeholders and through in-depth understanding of the operating systems to determine and ensure compliance to existing standards, specifications, building codes, and processes.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Expertise to professionally present to peers and leadership at the site at cross-site meetings and actively participate in cross-site tasks as directed.
- Verbal and written communications skills in a business setting.
- Willingness to function effectively in a team environment and influence both technical and management personnel to resolve issues in a cost-efficient way.
- Skills to work and adapt in a rapidly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them.
- Problem-solving skills to validate system performance.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
The candidate must have a Bachelor's or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering or a related field with 2+ years of experience in one the following fields:
- Large-scale manufacturing/ mechanical engineering facility services support.
- Identifying, analyzing, and solving immediate issues with technical equipment.
- Mechanical systems (HVAC, fans, boilers, chillers, pumps, piping, valves, and other) and control (instrumentation, PCS, and other) systems
- Experience with NFPA (National Fire Protection Association).
- 1.5+ years of experience in: Statistical Process Control.
- Working in a production environment and/or with other facilities process systems.
- Commissioning Mechanical equipment such as pumps boilers.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art - from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.