The Phoenix Convention Center & Venues hosts a diverse range of conventions,trade shows, meetings and entertainment events in one of the premier convention facilities in the United States. The department is committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service, with the mission of enhancing the cultural vibrancy and economic vitality of the community.
The Phoenix Convention Center & Venues is seeking an Event Operations Manager (Facility Coordinator) to oversee and direct the activities of employees engaged in providing event coordination, exhibitor services, and overall client satisfaction during events. The incumbent supervises event support staff, confers with Sales on future bookings, and oversees the production of floor plans and schematic drawings. The Event Operations Manager works under the supervision of a Deputy Convention Center Director.
- Well versed in the hospitality industry, focused on providing superior guest experience, organized, able to work in concert with others to achieve the overall best solution.
- Will be skilled in building a comprehensive budget with diverse and occasionally competing priorities; and contract management.
- Will have experience managing and supervising large events at a public assembly venue.
$60,091.20 - $91,353.60 annually. Candidates may be hired up to $91,353.60 depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 12.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days.
For more details, visit: Unit 007 Benefits
- Three years of experience in event or physical operations of a theater, convention center, or other large public use facility.
- Including two years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public relations, communications, or a related field.
- Other combinations of education and experience that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
The City of Phoenix has paused plans to implement a federal mandate requiring all city employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This decision comes after a series of legal challenges and a ruling from a federal judge which temporarily halts the COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors nationwide. If the requirement is reinstated, the City of Phoenix may require new hires to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of employment. After a conditional offer has been extended, candidates may request a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs.
The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Five years experience planning or managing events at a large public assembly venue.
- Three years experience directly supervising employees at a public assembly venue.
- Experience working in a convention center, conference center, concert venue, performing arts theater, or fair grounds.
- Holds professional certifications and memberships related to industry.
- Experience in event planning software.
- Experience in managing large public events.
- Experience in budgeting, purchasing, capital outlay, and capital project evaluation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Recruitment closes May 31, 2022. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
This is a position-based recruitment and generates a one time use only list. Once interviews are conducted and candidates are selected, this job posting will be considered closed and candidates will no longer be in consideration for the position applied for. This posting will not result in any ongoing eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- During the current health crisis, job interviews may be held by video or audio conference.
- Please be aware that you may be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Facility Coordinator, JC:27530, ID# 45241, 5/10/2022, USM, JR, Benefits:007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.