Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Field Supervisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll supervise a team of construction/maintenance line crews and a Production Specialist focusing on construction activities. This person will be an inspirational leader taking ownership in the safety of crew members. This person will inspire crews to work safely and effectively, provide direction to crews on the execution of work order plans, and strategically structure work activities within their work unit to optimize safety, productivity, and cost efficiency. This position will report directly to the Operations Supervisor.
As a Field Supervisor, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Supervises approximately 12 employees, including linemen and foremen, to ensure that all work is executed and completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to crews, including building effective working relationships, identifying training, and delivering coaching and feedback.
- Creates a safety culture that raises safety awareness and promotes candid dialogue about safety issues.
- Maintains a safe work environment by ensuring adherence to all safety policies, correcting unsafe working conditions, training employees on safe work practices and procedures, and rewarding good safety practices.
- Conducts frequent crew visits and field observations to ensure crews have the appropriate tools and resources to perform the work, monitor progress, and ensure work is completed to regulatory and SCE standards.
- Ensures employees understand and adhere to all regulatory requirements, optimizing cost efficiency of the crews through managing of overtime and crew size, accurate tailboarding, reviewing daily time sheets and records, and resolving employee disputes.
- Provides interpretation and represent the Company on labor issues/disputes as they relate to the department.
- Reviews daily work schedules and readjust priorities in response to urgent repair orders or other critical events.
- Interacts with customers, city officials, and other external agencies to complete work on schedule.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Two or more years in an electric utility performing or supervising in planning, design, construction, maintenance, standards & development, system operations, field operations, engineering, or construction project management.
- Supervisory and/or team leadership experience.
- Possess and be able to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Previous experience as an E-Crew Foreman.
- Typically possess five or more years of combined experience performing and/or supervising activities related to the design, construction and maintenance, and/or scheduling activities associated with the electric distribution system.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams or bargaining unit personnel including, applying the IBEW collective bargaining agreement.
- Experience overseeing or executing medium to large construction projects with underground and overhead construction, maintenance and operation of the electrical distribution system and associated regulatory requirement, including environmental regulations, safety policies and procedures, and hazardous waste management.
- Experience reviewing work and leading the execution of work to ensure on schedule completion.
- Ability to plan and prioritize projects, including managing multiple simultaneous projects and identifying/ allocating resources to ensure project timelines are met.
- Experience applying GO 95, GO 128, GO168 and Accident Prevention Manual rules.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead others by building strong working relationships with employees, adapting leadership style to a variety of employees, identifying developmental needs, and delivering coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with internal departments, customers, and union personnel.
You should know
- On-site: This position’s work mode is On-site. The employee will report to an SCE facility or in the field location. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our [Link available when viewing the job] to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via email and are encouraged to review any tests required in this job posting – [Link available when viewing the job]
- Please reference Leadership Profile Assessment (Test 8201) and Distribution Field Supervisor Leadership Assessment (Test 8600). Candidates who have previously passed this assessment may not need to retest again for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- This position will travel about 80% of the time throughout SCE’s service territory. A company vehicle will be provided during work travels.
- This position requires incident-response and communication beyond normal work hours and standard work day schedules.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at [Phone number shown when applying]