Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The File Room Support Specialist plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s Filing functions. The role is responsible for scanning and filing documents into Blitzdocs, and merging documents into the main file as directed. The File Room Support Specialist boxes, labels and ships files to offsite storage within the established timeframes, and provides assistance and support to other departments’ with scanning when needed.
- Ensure file room and offsite storage facilities are maintained, stocked with needed supplies, clean and organized.
- Check files in and out, pick them up and drop them off as needed. This includes retrieving requested documents and files for auditors, which may include offsite files.
- Process order and E-file requests for offsite storage facilities.
- File and scan all documents in accordance with naming, labeling and identification conventions; data security; and privacy policies and protocols.
- Box, label and ship files.
- Merge documents to create complete document records.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with applicable regulatory standards, guidelines, and rules established by the company, investors, state and federal regulatory authorities, and local ordinances.
- Provide productivity summary as requested by supervisor.
- Follow Guild’s information security policies at all times.
- Maintain accurate and complete logs of files stored offsite.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior general office experience working in a support role that requires scanning documents or filing is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to interpret written and spoken directions accurately and consistently is required.
- General knowledge of conventional and government mortgage loan documents preferred.
- Demonstrate a pleasant and helpful demeanor.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
- Proficiency with basic internet searches, data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Familiarity with document retention software; Blitzdoc preferred.
- Close to moderate supervision required, depending on experience level
- Low independent judgment and discretion, follows instructions accurately
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities.
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work requires a moderate to at times heavy level of activity; frequent walking, standing, lifting and carrying of boxes that weigh 20 to 30 pounds. Use and control hand dolly and other equipment used to move heavy items.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard, mouse, labeler and tools used to assemble and prepare boxes.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.