Full Time, Remote position
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: This is a management or supervisory position.
Supervises: Finance Assistant/Bookkeeper
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: National (Remote)
Who We Are:
United for Respect (UFR) is a multiracial national nonprofit organization fighting for big and bold policy change that improve the lives of people who work in retail. UFR is advancing a movement for an economy where corporations respect working people and support a democracy that allows Americans to live and work in dignity.
Who We Need:
We are currently looking for a Full Time Finance Director to join our team.
What We Need:
- Experience working with a non-profit
- Candidate should have experience with implementation of accounting leading practices, technology implementation, project management, and analysis of financial reports.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for the Senior team and Board of Directors.
- Prepare journal entries and adjustments for accounts receivable, payroll, and general accounting items.
- Maintain/ Monitor various accounting functions of the organization including accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit card reconciliations, billing, purchasing, bank reconciliations, and all financial matters related to general ledger.
- Consult with vendors and suppliers regarding contracts and accounts payable.
- Oversee payroll and insurance financial transactions.
- Oversee daily and monthly banking activities including managing daily cash reporting and analysis.
- Works closely with People Ops, and Culture and Chief Operating Officer to deliver support to employees.
- Manage travel and per diem payments.
- Manage the year-end audit with external auditors.
- Participate in the budget process led by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manage, coach, and develop Finance team members
- Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance (or equivalent experience)
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Advanced/expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of automated financial systems.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with proven ability to be clear and concise and to influence and understand their audience.
- Strong financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with NetSuite
- Must pass a background check.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Excellent 401K Retirement Plan
- Holiday, Personal, Sick and Vacation pay
Salary Range: $100,000-$130,000 annually depending on experience.
United for Respect is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community. United for Respect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.