WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at [Link available when viewing the job].
Flexo Press Operator – 2nd shift Greensboro
7915 Industrial Village Rd
Greensboro, North Carolina, 27409
WestRock’s Greensboro facility is seeking a second shift Press Operator.
Set up, adjust, maintain and operate a flexographic press.
How you will impact WestRock:
• Sets up, adjusts, maintains and operates a flexographic press
• Works under minimum supervision.
• Conducts make ready by installing anilox rollers, plates, inks, and dies into the proper stations, making necessary adjustments for optimal print quality.
• Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments to maintain quality of production.
• Notifies supervision of needed repairs or replacement parts.
• Delivers finished material to proper manufacturing areas as required.
• Ensures that assigned equipment is properly maintained and in safe operating condition.
• Assists with other printing processes as needed and directed by supervision.
• Assists in training individuals and other team members as assigned.
• Understands all documents pertaining to the printing process and adheres to specification requirements.
• Complies with company policies, procedures, and core processes.
• Complies with established safety procedures and policies with the intent of maintaining a safe working environment.
• Keeps area clean and orderly.
• Supports, understands, and adheres to LEAN Principles and Rules by identifying, evaluating and resolving problems.
• Focuses on continuous improvement, quality, improved cycle times, safety, cost reductions, and customer satisfaction.
• Works with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
• High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.)
• 1 – 3 years’ related experience.
• Must have the ability to write and read simple instructions.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Basic computer skills.
• Basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Proficient skills in the use of hand tools.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans