This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a focused and competitive team of attorneys, gain in-court experience and master real property title law. This position also offers an opportunity to learn how to work with business entities as clients and gain experience with regulatory compliance. Most matters are related to foreclosure, real property title and related rules and regulations. The Associate Attorney will report directly to the Managing Partner and will be a part of a team that works in a collaborative and mutually reinforcing manner. The open position is with the Illinois branch of a multi-state law firm. We are seeking an associate with 2 to 5 years of residential foreclosure experience. We will also consider 0 to 2 years of experience, if you are the right candidate.
Work-from-home can be considered, especially upon establishing a track record of reliability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with court personnel, corporate entity clients and opposing parties
- Draft and review pleadings, notices, and motions
- Appear in Court both remotely by Zoom and in-person, as required by the Court
- Review Title Tract Searches and resolve any outstanding title issues for post-foreclosure conveyance
- Work with staff, title companies and opposing counsel to resolve title issue
- Conduct legal research
- Writing articles for publication will be strongly encouraged, depending upon experience level
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must be admitted to practice law in Illinois
- Overall good attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to prepare for and cover court hearings
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong document review skills
- Aptitude to learn real property title and regulatory rules
- Ability to creatively apply title curative techniques
- Strong ability to deal with opposing counsel and defendants in a positive manner
- You must be a motivated self starter who is able to multi-task
- Ability to work and think on your feet and under pressure
- Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed
When court is in-person as opposed to remote, you will be on your feet and possibly handling multiple courtrooms in a courthouse. Printed files can weigh up to 25 pounds on very busy days in court.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments. If you possess the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
**Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.***
NOTE:This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.