At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: What you need to know about the role: A Fraud Incident Manager is the core of PayPal’s FDCC IM team. It is a role that requires fundamental fraud knowledge, familiarity with numerous control owners and functions, fluent business acumen, and an ability to stay positive under pressure. Meet our team: The Fraud Defense Cyber Center Incident Management (FDCC IM) is a diverse team of creative problem solvers driven by a desire to holistically mitigate PayPal Fraud Incidents. FDCC IM facilitates mitigation for Fraud Incidents by working with global cross functional teams throughout the Incident lifecycle. While Incident Management is a challenging role, FDCC IM maintains a positive attitude and leads Incidents with an empathy-focused mindset.
Your way to impact:
The Fraud Incident Manager is responsible for quarterbacking fraud incidents from inception to closure. This involves communicating with appropriate stakeholders to scope the incident and map out the best and most effective and holistic remediation steps, escalating matters as needed to fully address the incident and prevent the same from occurring again. In this regard, the incident manager spearheads remediation of the most impactful fraud events facing the company and by doing so effectively, efficiently, and holistically, reduces the impact of those incidents on our platform and for our customers.
Your day to day:
In your day to day role you will:
- Facilitate Incident initiation, mitigation, recovery, and resolution for all PayPal Fraud Incidents.
- Influence and motivate teams across a diverse set of domains and geographic locations to ensure high-risk Incidents are addressed rapidly and efficiently.
- Leverage fraud and business knowledge to quickly identify and engage necessary teams to remediate potential fraud pressure and Fraud Incidents.
- Act as a liaison between various business and fraud groups for the resolution of short-term mitigation for Fraud Incidents.
What do you need to bring:
- BA or equivalent experience
- 4+ years or equivalent experience working in fraud domains, managing fraud investigations, managing Fraud Incidents, or managing Major Incidents.
- Confidence engaging and questioning various functions and levels of seniority across organization.
- Must have a calm demeanor, remain positive under pressure, and an ability to multitask and manage multiple pressure situations in parallel and drive accountability from stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to positively influence teams through a climate of change.
**We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.