Aspen-You-Now We need an organized people person is that you?
This position will perform all activities related to the effective and efficient operation of the front office by coordinating staff and overseeing operations of the front desk and bell station. They will provide a wide variety of guest services at the highest possible level to exceed guest and homeowner satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all areas of the Front Office operation.
- Maintain an environment whose goal is superior guest satisfaction.
- Involvement in all plans to maximize revenue and profits in all market segments
- Financial responsibilities include managing the annual budgets of the Front Office departments; review monthly Profit & Loss (P&L) reports, maintain labor costs to budgets, payroll projections and actuals
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all departments (Front Desk Agents, Bell Staff, Concierge).
- Ensure proper training materials are in place and used by each department. Monitor all testing for each department.
- Implement coaching, career planning and recognition programs for all line level staff
- Attend required meetings and ensure all information is communicated to staff
- Ensure authority and responsibility is properly delegated to all associates, so that the workload is distributed equally and handled in a professional manner
- Ensure all guest comments regarding any deficiency in the Front Office area are corrected. Ensure all guest contact is handled in a courteous manner
- Attend all Executive Committee and Operations meetings
- Perform Manager on Duty shifts
- Relieve Front Office departments or staff for breaks/lunch
- Fulfill duties of all other Guest Services Managers in their absence
- Other duties as assigned
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous supervisory/management experience, a full and thorough understanding of a resort operation.
- Highly professional appearance, ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific standards are detailed in the Associate Manual.
- Individuals must possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with all guests, internal and external, effectively with tact and diplomacy in line with property’s service standards
- Good knowledge of software system (Asgard, Saflok and SMS) to troubleshoot
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect actual information and resolve conflict
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenue generated
- Must be knowledgeable and possess the ability to perform all clerk essential functions and supportive functions