This position will perform all activities related to the effective and efficient operation of the front office by coordinating staff and overseeing operations of the front desk and bell station. They will provide a wide variety of guest services at the highest possible level to exceed guest and homeowner satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all areas of the Front Office operation.
- Maintain an environment whose goal is superior guest satisfaction.
- Involvement in all plans to maximize revenue and profits in all market segments
- Financial responsibilities include managing the annual budgets of the Front Office departments; review monthly Profit & Loss (P&L) reports, maintain labor costs to budgets, payroll projections and actuals
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all departments (Front Desk Agents, Bell Staff, Concierge).
- Ensure proper training materials are in place and used by each department. Monitor all testing for each department.
- Implement coaching, career planning and recognition programs for all line level staff
- Attend required meetings and ensure all information is communicated to staff
- Ensure authority and responsibility is properly delegated to all associates, so that the workload is distributed equally and handled in a professional manner
- Ensure all guest comments regarding any deficiency in the Front Office area are corrected. Ensure all guest contact is handled in a courteous manner
- Attend all Executive Committee and Operations meetings
- Perform Manager on Duty shifts
- Relieve Front Office departments or staff for breaks/lunch
- Fulfill duties of all other Guest Services Managers in their absence
- Other duties as assigned
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous supervisory/management experience, a full and thorough understanding of a resort operation.
- Highly professional appearance, ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific standards are detailed in the Associate Manual.
- Individuals must possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with all guests, internal and external, effectively with tact and diplomacy in line with property’s service standards
- Good knowledge of software system (Asgard, Saflok and SMS) to troubleshoot
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect actual information and resolve conflict
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenue generated
- Must be knowledgeable and possess the ability to perform all clerk essential functions and supportive functions
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- High traffic office area and rapid pace for sustained lengths of time.
- Must be socially inclined and able to attend social functions as necessary.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand/walk 8 hours per day
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Ability to multi-task
- Clean driving record and ability to drive a large vehicle.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Telephone, computer, monitor, keyboard, printer.
- Office supplies and equipment.
- copy and scanner machine, fax machine.
- Step stool,
REPORTS TO: Resort Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Guest Services Manager(s), Front Desk Agents, Bell Persons, Concierges
SALARY RANGE: $70,000 – $95,000
GENERAL BENEFITS: M/D/V, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, PTO, Annual Bonus, Wellness Bonus/Ski Pass; See Benefit Summary for full list.
This Job Description in no way states that these are the only duties of an employee in this position. The employee is required to comply with all instructions and other related duties requested by his or her manager. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.