FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need. This option is not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois or New York at this time.
We have recently embarked on a Digital transformation journey where we are reimagining the way we work and serve our users. Our projects benefit the community by aiding in providing safe, reliable electricity to everyone:
- Customer: create analytics to improve customer satisfaction along the customer journey for a lifetime as they move-in to a residence, pay their bill and move to new residences.
- Transmission & Distribution: develop algorithms to detect asset failures, reduce outages and provide reliable electricity to customers.
- Smart Meter: provide customers with the electric usage they need to make smart decisions about their home as well as reduce threats and theft in the electric system.
What you’ll do:
As a Full Stack Developer at FirstEnergy you will join a digital transformation team coding products that deliver value to the company. You will join a team operating using the agile methodology, CI/CD practices and iteratively deliver fully-functional web and mobile applications that meet business goals. The technical stack at FirstEnergy utilizes the Azure cloud and Visual Studio, VS Code, .NET Framework, using Angular & C#. Furthermore,
- You will design and develop the overall technological architecture of products
- You will develop and migrate applications to Microsoft Azure as PaaS, or On-premise private cloud or mobile devices.
- You will build new Java components to be used across various projects for our external facing FirstEnergy corporate websites
- You will utilize Adobe AEM enterprise content management system for external website development
- You will work with open-source frameworks and libraries such as Spring, JPA, SASS, Knockout, JQuery, Axis, Google Charts and more
- You will build and deploy mobile optimized web applications that are focused on ease-of-use, task-driven functionality, and a consistent user experience across multiple mobile devices and operating systems.
- You will manage source code repositories, builds, and deploys using Microsoft’s Azure DevOps
- You will be responsible ensuring that products are kept in-line with an MVP mindset and have reusable and scalable components
- You will work with Product Owners to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack
- You will identify and remove technical impediments
- You will constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution
What You Will Need to be Qualified:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science or another related field with 7 years related experience. In lieu of a degree, you have 9 years of related experience.
- Related experience includes, but is not limited to: software development experience leveraging Visual Studio, VS Code, .NET Framework, using Angular & C#.
- You have experience/Knowledge using Microsoft’s Azure DevOps to manage source code, manage developer tasks and bugs, and perform builds/deploys.
- You have experience developing against SQL Server 2016 or later, Azure SQL DB, Oracle may also be required depending on the project/assignment.
- You have a solid working knowledge of MVC 5.0 or later and solid working experience in Angular 8 or greater
- You have solid working knowledge of Entity Framework 6 or later including Code-First Migrations
- You have experience in working on projects in an Agile Framework and understand basic Agile principles
- You have experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
- You have strong communication skills and can be a coach/mentor to grow and maximize your team’s potential
- You are willing to travel throughout the organization and service territory and work extended hours, as required
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Developer, Database, Oracle, Web Design, Java, Technology, Creative
- Posting Date:13th Nov 2021
- Valid through:12th Dec 2021