Department: Small Business 44BC
Reports to: SVP, 44 Business Capital
Customer driven role with a strong emphasis on providing exemplary service to internal and external clients. Independently develop new business within the market area agreed upon by SVP, 44 Business Capital and BDO. Focus on developing new relationships and referral sources as well as identifying, originating and closing SBA transactions up to $5 Million in size. Actively participates in business development activities to cross sell products and services from other lines of business within the bank.
- Build new relationships with existing contacts and execute diagnostic calling program to self-originate SBA loans in accordance with bank policies, procedures and revenue objectives.
- Independently identify and develop new referral sources.
- Become highly visible in your market and attend relevant/appropriate industry and regional events for networking and new business opportunities.
- Directly call on viable leads and clients to discuss prospective opportunities.
- Understand and effectively articulate our products, services and value proposition.
- Originate and drive complete sales cycle with ability to: source, qualify, engage and close clients.
- Partner with underwriting team to tailor solutions to meet prospects’ unique needs and assist throughout the deal cycle to manage process towards successful close.
- Present new loan requests for approval to Credit.
- Effectively utilize company’s CRM (Salesforce) system to thoroughly document all prospect relationships.
- Utilizes a diagnostic sales and service process. Identifies and actively cross-sells the full suite of bank products; makes referrals to other lines of business, including but not limited to Berkshire Insurance Group, Wealth Management, Cash Management and Merchant Processing to generate interest and non-interest income.
- Works directly with the SVP, 44 Business Capital, to develop consistent and specific sales strategies, priorities, targets, performance standards, marketing plans and accomplishments. Proactively builds internal and external visibility with other lines of business within the organization.
- Represents the Bank’s positive image in the community by serving on boards or as a volunteer in community organizations. Attends Chamber and outside events as a 44 Business Capital representative for networking opportunity. An active and supportive member of all internal committees, programs, and initiatives. Continually builds a network of internal and external centers of influence to further enhance the client experience and to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Ensures compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies/practices/procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards related to and required by one’s duties.
- BS Degree in Business, Economics or Finance, or equivalent financial experience
- 7+ years’ experience as a commercial lender and/or SBA lender
- Stellar customer service experience to include process driven outbound calling
- Proven track record of working in partnership to achieve goals
- Strong network of financial professionals, including commercial bankers, asset based lenders, CPA’s, business consultants, business brokers and other local COI’’s that can help identify new clients in need of our loan products.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills
- Drive and proven ability to develop and closebusiness.
- General knowledge of lending and deal structure
- Capable of working independently and managing time effectively
- Strong and confident presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to analyze financial statements
Berkshire Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.