Alumus (MSO for Aleca, Alante, Encore Communities, and Sante) is a company who share a vision to revolutionize the senior housing and health care industry through the creation of innovative services and facilities that focus on the dignity and improved qualify of life for seniors.
The General Counsel provides legal advice and strategies to the company’s leadership team. Duties include reviewing and writing various internal legal contracts, negotiating, and managing client and vendor contracts and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance which includes real estate law, employment law, Medicare and Medicaid requirements and reimbursements and other healthcare requirements. The incumbent serves as a trusted advisor and represents the organization with the highest level of confidentiality, integrity, forthrightness, and professionalism.
- Facilitate filings of license forms and other statutory requirements.
- Advise leadership team on new laws, existing laws and legal rights that would impact the company.
- Draft and review legal strategy in response to any litigation.
- Partnering with organizational leaders to ensure planning & compliance.
- Partner with the Executive Leadership Team to develop legal implications on a variety of organization initiatives and needs and advises on a wide variety of legal matters.
- Anticipate and identify potential legal issues and counsel members of the service line leadership teams.
- Review Company policy to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Researches a broad range of laws and regulations affecting the organization, including but not limited to federal and state laws and regulations affecting the business of healthcare facilities; HIPAA, privacy, Affordable Care Act, Medicare, Medicaid, fraud and abuse, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and antitrust issues; procurement; conflict of interest; compliance; tax-exempt issues; labor and employment; and affirmative action. Prepares legal memoranda as requested.
- Provides legal advice and direction to the organization’s family of companies, senior management, the medical staff, leadership and employees on a wide variety of matters to resolve operational issues, including patient related situations.
- Represent the company in judicial and administrative proceedings, and in other negotiations, as requested by the CEO.
- Review contracts, leases, and other legal documents; research legal issues and recommend revisions as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctor (JD) from accredited law school.
- Minimum of 5 to 10+ years as a practicing attorney and advising healthcare clients.
- Must be registered as an attorney with the state of Arizona, Oregon or Washington.
- Able to deal with complex, significant matters across legal and related areas.
- Use of legal strategy.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues and risks.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you registered as an attorney with the state of AZ, OR or WA?
- Doctorate (Required)
- practicing attorney: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location