College Essay Guy – Graduate Application Specialist Job Description
PLEASE APPLY USING THIS LINK: https://forms.gle/hBbD7ay169rBTsKM6
Who We Are and What We Do
College Essay Guy is a leader in the college admission field. This year, we are expanding to support clients with graduate school applications in multiple fields. We are committed to bringing purpose, rigor, and reflection to the grad school application process. We’re a community of caring, skilled educators committed to empowering our clients–whether high school students or adults with graduate school ambitions–to narrate their past experiences, current academic and social commitments, and career goals. Along the way, we help them improve the craft of writing.
What Our Graduate Division Offers
We offer intensive one-on-one support for clients applying to graduate school. We pair them with an application specialist based on their desired field and intended degree, and they receive personalized support that is tailored to their needs and to program requirements. Currently, we are hiring specialists capable of working with people applying to master’s degrees in the following fields:
–Computer Science/Data Science;
–Health Policy/Public Health/Healthcare Administration;
–Accounting and Finance;
–Public Policy/Economic Development;
–Therapeutic and Rehabilitation Professions (e.g., OT, PT, Speech Language Pathology);
–Math/Physics but we welcome applicants in all areas as we continue to expand.
Our Core Values
- Deep Care: We believe in unconditional positive regard.
- Practicality: We value getting from Point A to Point B with focused efficiency.
- Expertise: We’ve spent many years building a nuanced understanding of not just subject matter, but of how best to help a student put together a compelling application.
- Equity: We commit to pushing back barriers to access in higher education.
- Community: We value interdependence.
Graduate Application Specialist Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide high-quality online support to clients applying to graduate school
- Help them conduct research to determine which programs are most suitable
- Assist in the preparation of high-quality applications (including, but not limited to, help with personal statements, supplemental essays, writing samples, resumes/CVs, etc.)
- Help manage deadlines
- Maintain flexibility, assessing clients’ needs and adjusting approach as necessary
- Build and nurture strong relationships
- Schedule and offer weekly sessions
- Prioritize client satisfaction and ensure their needs are met
- Commit to working with clients for the duration of their service contract
- Must hold a graduate degree (preferably in the field providing support in or in a related field)
- Should be familiar with existing graduate programs in your discipline/field
- 2+ years coaching experience with graduate school applicants
- Substantial knowledge of graduate school applications and processes (specific to your field of expertise)
- Demonstrated success coaching online and adapting to potential technological barriers
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Friendly, with a strong intuition and ability to adapt to different personalities
- Commitment to access and equity in education
Compensation, Start Date, Schedule
- This is a remote, part-time contract position with competitive pay. Hourly rates typically range from $90-$125/hour.
- Schedule: This position requires availability for weekly or bi-weekly meetings with clients, typically ranging from May-December. Some weekend and/or evening meeting availability, and occasional willingness to meet more frequently, may be necessary to meet clients’ needs.
- Please complete the online application here: https://forms.gle/hBbD7ay169rBTsKM6 and upload your cover letter and resume directly to the form.
College Essay Guy is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to hire those representative of
the diverse communities we serve. All are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $90.00 – $125.00 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Graduate Application Counseling: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote