Founded in 2016, Better is a digital-first homeownership company whose services include mortgage, real estate, title, and homeowners insurance. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the value in each person’s perspective and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better Opportunity
Our goal is to build a Functional Business Partner organization whose primary purpose is to build and implement programs that enable people to do their best work more effectively. We will accomplish this by providing direct leadership & employee support, and by building and delivering a people roadmap aligned to the function’s business strategy. Better is looking for a Head of Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) to lead all of the HRBPs for our teams, working side by side with each functional business unit and c-suite counterpart to ensure people and business objectives are aligned for the success of both. You will serve as a coach to managers and employees across the organization and work closely with our VP, People as well as other key leadership. You will be instrumental in building our people & culture function, championing our values and ensuring that Better is a great place to work.
- Partner with our VP, People to run all key people processes for the HR business partners across our businesses. These include: performance management and career development, compensation reviews, organizational change, job design, and employee survey insights.
- Be a consultative resource for your leadership and leverage people data and insights to help drive business decisions.
- Design and deliver targeted solutions with a high degree of focus on scale and growth, including strategic planning, visioning, talent assessment, change management and team building
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Proactively assess team, manager, organizational development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Provide rigorous data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs
- Manage and facilitate the overall Performance Summary Cycle and employee engagement survey throughout the year
- Integrate and partner with HR colleagues in the Recruiting, Learning & Development, Compensation, Legal, and HR Programs teams to implement solutions and help scale the business
- Work closely with our Employee Relations Partners, supporting employee relations issues as needed
- Build and run people strategy (growth, workforce planning, succession planning, benchmarking, retention) for your teams and liaise with our broader People Org to ensure best-in-class execution.
- 7+ years of experience overseeing a human resources team and working strategically with business leaders.
- 5+ years of managing HRBP organizations at scale.
- You have seen the playbook at both high-growth and mature companies and can apply solutions with perspective and judgment. You diagnose and solve issues quickly.
- Experience in and interest in working through complexities of a changing business environment.
- You know how to inspire, motivate, and listen to those around you.
- You are both pragmatic and empathetic; you have a passion for driving culture, and create an open space for people to feel accepted and included.
- You’re able to build trust with leaders and individual contributors alike, and can flex between the different stakeholders and partners.
- You are not title or level driven when working with people.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders and leaders, across multiple functions.
- Proven working experience in a rapidly scaling organization; start-up experience is a plus.
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated to go into the office.Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees, and we require COVID-19 vaccination to help ensure their safety in the workplace. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and the opportunity for a yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
California Consumer Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Better is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants”) about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. The notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.