Home Health Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist - Temporary 90 Day Project
Corridor is seeking candidates looking to make xtra cash working on weekends and after hours for a 90 Day Temporary Project.
As a member of the Corridor clinical support team, the Home Health Clinical Documentation Specialist will perform clinical coding, OASIS, and plan of care review for agencies in accordance with agency policy and procedures and in compliance with home health rules and regulations. This individual must have experience in coding, OASIS completion, and Plan of Care development in home health. The ideal candidate would have expertise and certification in home health coding rules and conventions, OASIS coding rules, and conventions and episode management experience in the development of nursing and therapy plans of care for home health patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Review and provide guidance to clinical staff of clinical documentation for appropriateness, congruency, and accuracy as it relates to Coding, OASIS, and 485 plan of care development according to CMS guidelines, coding guidelines, and OASIS conventions.
- Conduct quality assurance documentation reviews of assigned records to include but not limited to:
- OASIS for documentation inconsistencies and accuracy
- Plan of treatment review for accurate reflection of patient’s condition and skilled interventions
- Medication profile for relevance to interventions, goals, and coding sequencing
- Appropriate physician’s orders
- Care planning as it relates to assessment and regulatory requirements
- Review and communicate coding, OASIS, and Plan of care edit information to each service office to promote accuracy.
- Apply clinical expertise to patient documentation and Plan of Care to identify missing or inappropriate patient interventions.
- Provide customer service/education and act as a resource to agency with regards to CMS guidelines, Home Care Coding, PDGM guidelines, and billing-related issues.
- Provide ongoing communication with service offices via e-mail, teams, zoom or telephone (specific to the service office needs).
- Timely review and coding of OASIS documents and plan of care with productivity maintained at the weekly target set by the management team.
- Communication with service offices monthly and as appropriate with a focus on documentation trends, star ratings and potential process issues.
- Conduct reviews of coding and provide recommendations for appropriate coding based on current coding guidelines.
- Maintain proficiency/knowledge of OASIS Data set items, home care reimbursement, and compliance as related to OASIS regulations and requirements.
- Maintain proficiency/knowledge of coding guidelines.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of software systems utilized by various agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to relate well in a remote environment under the supervision of managers
- Other duties assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare-related field preferred.; HCHB and SHP experience preferred
- Coding and OASIS Certification: One year experience in Coding and OASIS Reviews. Must have an active certification(s) in the following: COS-C or HCS-O or COQS and HCS-D or BCHH-C
- Intimate knowledge of electronic health records. Prefer HCHB EMR
- Must be an RN
- One year - 485 POC Experience
Computer Skills: Required knowledge of Word and Excel
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $35.00 per hour
- Home Health
- Weekend availability
- RN: 3 years (Required)
- EMR: HCHB (Required)
- COS-C or HCS-O or COQS and HCS-D or BCHH-C (Required)
Work Location: Remote