SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
As a Human Resources Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting a diverse employee population with crucial services for the full employee life-cycle. This position will assist with employee onboarding, HRIS administration, and partnering with the HR team to implement both local and company-wide programs. Success in this role requires superior internal and external customer service, attention to detail, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Maintain our HRIS for all employee life-cycle processes
- Respond to employee inquiries, questions and concerns
- Provide information, guidance and direction on HR policies, programs, and processes to employees and managers
- Serve as the onboarding point of contact for the new hire program and support new employees' transition into SpaceX
- Ensure employee electronic files are accurate and updated, and assist with HR reporting and audit requests
- Assist with the creation of, documentation, and implementation of human resources policies, programs, and processes
- Respond to initial unemployment claims and employment verifications
- Provide support to the Starlink HR team and deliver core HR services to the workforce
- Assist HR team in identifying department needs, recommending changes, and implementing improvements
- Facilitate site-wide events, such as benefits fairs, volunteer efforts, and team celebrations
- Support the recruitment team with staffing-related support activities
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Bachelor's degree
- Administrative experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of intern or professional experience in a human resources role
- Demonstrated excellence thriving in a fast-paced environment and embracing change
- Experience using Workday, Greenhouse, and UltiPro
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Experience in an HR operations capacity
- Basic understanding of labor laws and an interest in keeping up on trends and updates in HR
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and pitch in as needed
- Ability to work with employees and managers at all levels of the organization
- Customer service-oriented approach to all requests, with a focus on accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Position requires ability to work overtime when needed
- This is not a remote position and will require relocation if not already local to the Hawthorne, CA area
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.