Com2uS USA, Inc., a global leader in smartphone and social games is looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join its team as mobile game In-House Counsel. This is a full-time, mid-level position in El Segundo, CA.
- Review license agreements with outside licensors, Sublicensing agreements with affiliates, service or contractor agreements, influencer agreements, NDAs, etc.
- Helping employees get proper internal approval through groupware, and go through the contract execution process
- Checking contract terms, advice on legal liabilities
- Review the teams’ agreements with HQ including Sublicenses and others
- Provide an in-depth, detailed explanation of the agreements from the “company’s perspective” as these agreements for the PD teams play a significant role in game design and events
- Provide confirmation on which info/detail can be shared for game designs/planning with HQ and other teams from a legal perspective
- Provide consultation on agreement terms with the licensors/influencers, including a la carte agreements such as Highlights, BGM, Specific/Special Players, Master agreement, etc.
- Provide consultation on events related items and agreements (community event restrictions, shipment/tax forms for international prize support)
- As needed, act as a communication channel between US and HQ (Biz, MKT, Legal) regarding questions and discussions about agreements, while the game-related details can be handled by the PD teams.
- Review for the MKT commitment condition with licenses
- SOW review for talent who is cast for the MKT contents
- Advise any employment law updates and revise current forms accordingly
- Advise HR team on any employment law issues
- 5+ years’ professional experience as a corporate paralegal, preferably at a mid-size corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under limited direction, and ability to shift priorities quickly while working under tight timelines
- Flexibility and good judgment with a desire to identify needs, improve and streamline processes
- Superior oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time