Infrastructure Information Security Specialist, Americas
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Security Specialist you will leverage your technical expertise to enable the correct defining, establishing, delivering and maintaining of Infrastructure Security Services in the functions, regions and countries, ensuring our EL (Electrification) systems have in depth defense by implementing various layered controls to minimize IT (Information Technology) risk to EL business globally. You’ll collaborate with global and local IT organizations to drive strategic initiatives with responsibility for implementing the global & EL specific information security projects for Electrification to ensure alignment and compliance.
***Preferred locations are Cary, NC or Atlanta, GA, however virtual, remote-based location in the US will also be considered***
- Establish strategy for addressing risks and ensuring compliance in alignment with IS and EL Strategy and organizational risk appetite
- Directly contribute to the development of the ELIT InfoSec Strategy and governance, planning of strategic initiatives, security architecture and implementation of continuous compliance and resilience services in ELIT
- As a key member of the proactive and progressive Information Security team, lead challenging risk management, security architecture, continuous compliance and resilience services
- Support ELIT organizations with a focus to implement InfoSec global and local initiated projects
- Assess new or major initiatives, architecture, projects etc. are in line with ABB Information Security standards and policies
- Develop, maintain and communicate the project solutions, IT security architecture and ensures alignment with other elements of Business IS architecture, policies and standards.
- Implement global controls to ensure and monitor security; Regularly report the performance to Business IS Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related is required with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Information Security; Master’s degree or 12 years of experience preferred
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience with risk management framework, governance, IT risk assessment and management, as well as IT Audit
- 5 or more years of experience is required in system architecture, reviewing, and evaluating solution architecture and providing understanding of risk, mitigation, and remediation
- Knowledge of a broad range of regulatory requirements, including industry standards, legislation and compliance frameworks is required; Examples include:
- • International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- • International Electro-technical Commission (IEC) 27001
- • IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and ISO 20000
- • Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- • Six Sigma, ISO/IEC 17799, Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI)/Business Continuity Institute (BCI) requirements
- • U.S. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1600, BS 25999, NIST, HIPAA, CCPA, PCI DSS
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[Link available when viewing the job] [Link available when viewing the job] an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at [Phone number shown when applying].
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at [Phone number shown when applying] or by sending an email to [Email available when viewing the job]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.