$67,700.00 – $111,700.00
Under general supervision, the Inside Sales Executive is responsible for managing and developing a sales territory consisting of Independent Agencies of varied profiles. Achieving success will include: optimizing the growth potential of assignments; exceeding or meeting year over year growth and profit objectives; utilizing Travelers sales tools within a consultative sales framework; developing competitor intelligence; and collaborating with team members in the office, region, home office, and business center on product, pricing, agency management decisions and works well in a team/office environment.
- Agency Support: Responsible for Independent Agency assignments. Applies agency diagnostics and segmentation. Identifies opportunities to cross sell Travelers products and shares information with other sales execs and or agents. May facilitate workshops via webinar.
- Influencing the Sales: Responsible for profitable development of agencies within agency assignments. Influences agents to quote and sell Travelers products to customers. Executes the sales strategy of growing Travelers market share within their agency assignment. Articulates a sales process that is mutually beneficial, and identifies solutions to agency needs, providing consistent follow through with agents, peers, and other team members. Insure that agency staffs are fully trained (products, automation for quoting and HQ in total).
- Agency Diagnostics: Completes strategic plan for agency assignment to identify opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and tactics are developed. Builds and uses best practices regarding agency operations, works consultatively to follow up with plans, holds owners accountable for agreed upon actions. Diagnosis agencies’ interests and ability to grow business and motivates agents to succeed. Initiates marketing strategies/processes to attract and retain new business. Recommends business solutions and programs to meet objectives. Has thorough knowledge of Travelers’ computer systems and PIs platform and can assist agencies when needed. Understands Travelers Enterprise focus and appetites and seizes opportunities to cross-sell Travelers products by initiating cross-functional meetings. Stays current on product/pricing changes. Articulates company position and seeks out business with appropriate agencies to meet objectives.
- Advising: Communications skills are strong, professional both verbally and written. Drive results through regular contact with agency assignment and effective communications backed with diagnostics/mutually agreed upon plan. Assumes personal responsibility for achieving outcomes, working collaboratively with all. Dependable/responsible. Able to communicate and explain difficult situations and achieve buy-in.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three years of sales experience.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Solid knowledge of Personal Insurance products.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products with ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly and accurately
- Must be able to multitask priorities and drive results with a large span of control.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (phone, face-to-face, presentations).
- Adept interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, and influence agency behavior.
- Not Required.
- 3 years of professional and influential work experience.
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.