Maximum Recruitment Range: $42,780 – $53,000
Salary Grade: NC11
Mission of the Department of Insurance:
To promote a stable insurance market through unbiased regulation and to protect the lives and property of every citizen in all 100 counties while fostering superior, user-friendly service, courtesy, and respect.
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position analyzes, researches and pursues resolution of citizens written Property & Casualty insurance complaints, and provides telephone assistance to citizens who call with insurance-related questions and concerns. Position is also responsible, based on information from consumers, for identifying company, agent and industry issues and trends that may require closer regulatory review by the Department. Position requires extensive verbal and written interaction with the general public and with regulated entities, including occasional public speaking opportunities, and possible participation in informal conferences and administrative hearings involving regulated entities. Excellent analytical, writing, and oral communication skills are essential. This position is in the Consumer Services Division.
Incentives of NC State Employment:
We value our employees and offer a wide variety of competitive and family-friendly benefits. Benefits to include:
- 12 Annual paid Holidays
- North Carolina State Health Plan administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC
- Supplemental Benefits including: Flexible Spending Accounts, Accident Insurance, Cancer & Specified Disease, Critical Illness, Dental and Vision
- NC State Retirement (TSERS)
- WeSave Employee Discounts
Learn more about new hire resources, safety, health, and wellness information, leave options, employee discounts and more by selecting the link below:
- Experience with P&C Products in the past 5 years.
- Experience in adjusting claims, underwriting, insurance sales, or policyholder services.
- Experience utilizing effective communication skills both orally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Experience utilizing P&C Insurance Principles, Practices and Regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in business or economics or a related program from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in insurance underwriting, claims, or policyholder service; oran equivalent combination of education and experience.