Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
The IT Portfolio Manager is responsible for leading and managing the implementation of IT projects within their portfolio and supervises assigned members of the PMO team. The position combines leadership experience with technical and project management expertise across a variety of technologies. The primary responsibility of the IT Portfolio Manager is to ensure that project management standards are upheld and clearly defined throughout the entire process of each project’s development and execution. The Manager is responsible for anticipating organizational change impact on projects under their domain, evaluate and recommend new project demand and investment objectives, evaluate and maintain appropriate staffing, staff management, and performance management. This is a highly visible leadership role that partners with operational leaders and executives in the delivery of IT customer experience with implementations of clinical and non-clinical applications.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project lead role required, or 3 years’ experience managing exempt staff and at least 2 years of previous healthcare information systems project management experience required.
Preferred Education requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology Management, Project Management or related field required.
Licensure or other certifications
- PMP or Epic certifications desired
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accomplished team-oriented leader with demonstrated achievements in managing, implementing and monitoring IT projects and programs in a complex healthcare organization.
- Must possess strong skills in project management, process redesign, written/verbal communication, and customer/vendor relations.
- Must be a skilled decision-maker that works proactively in a high stress environment.
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, negotiation, meeting facilitation and relationship building.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Exhibit the highest values of excellence, integrity and innovation.
- Decisive, flexible, problem solver and results oriented with the ability and desire to achieve goals quickly.
- Proven management skills with a track record of mentoring and developing staff.
- Fiscally responsible; experienced in managing budgets.
- Energetic, self-confident and persuasive.
- Knowledge of healthcare information systems and business system products.
- Understand hospitals and the importance of technology to improve patient care.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proactive in bringing issues to the senior management team and other leaders, building consensus and delivering practical solutions.
- Comfortable presenting to Executive Leaders as well as team.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages an IT team of IT project and program managers.
- Activities include the management of implementation activities in technology deployments for the system.
- Ensures IT and operational customer group’s project priorities and goals are in alignment.
- Monitors performance metrics for implementations and partners with appropriate leadership to assure that metric outcomes data is shared, consolidated and mitigated collaboratively as appropriate.
- Act as a reference point for PMO queries and information and an advocate for best practices in project management.
- Responsible for the customer relationship of all operational departments with implementations, ensuring alignment of operational goals and priorities.
- Assist with establishing PMO stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework.
- Ensures communication with assigned operational departments is managed at a productive level and meets stakeholder expectations.
- Develop positive relationships with Project Sponsors and teams to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training.
- Defines IT standard work collaboratively with other IT leaders and ultimately enforces the standard work for their areas of responsibility.
- Manages implementation/maintenance standard processes to achieve optimum service delivery, systems, and processes while setting high performance objectives for the department.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet stated objectives, outcomes, goals, timetables and commitments, adhering to agreed-upon standards.
- Manages problem identification, analysis and resolution including project management standards and processes, work assignment to team members, internal and external communications, and escalation.
- May be required to manage or be integrally involved with projects due to sensitivity or complexity.
- Prioritizes operational projects/system changes based on careful analysis of current processes working with other operational leaders.
- Synthesizes all available information to make informed decisions.
- Fosters creativity, innovation and divergent thinking in self and others.
- Manages complex situations using multiple sources of information and advice.
- Manages vendor relationships including resource management, timely delivery of services and/or product, issues resolution, and expense management.
- Provides and optimizes visibility into projects so leaders can view project and program status, resource allocations, ROI and overall portfolios.
- Supports managers managing resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges.
- Works in a coordinated manner to assure proper balanced allocation of resources, individual project profitability, and high customer satisfaction.
- Coaches, mentors, and/or provides guidance to team members on Quest and agreed upon IT operational protocols and methodologies.
- Enforces established policies and procedures relevant to implementations and project management.
- Ensures procedures function in a coordinated way between teams.
- Makes recommendations for process changes where improvements are identified.
- Assists with the maintenance and testing of the Information Management disaster recovery and business continuity processes.
- Provides input into the NGHS Information Technology policies, Strategic Plan and annual IT budget and manages departmental spending with leadership peers to ensure expenditures are within this budget.
- Investigates, evaluates and recommends new technologies and participates in the analysis, acquisition and implementation of new capabilities to be acquired for the NGHS enterprise.
- Hires, continuously evaluates performance, and implement any corrective actions for assigned staff.
- Address individual staff performance problems as needed.
- Prepares and conducts annual performance appraisals.
- Participates in IT on-call and scheduled support for implementations.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Relocation allowance for out of state candidates
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, up to 24 days PDO for FTE
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.