To be considered for this role, the candidate must have 2 years of accounting experience. Must have a Bachelor’s degree with 24 credit hours in Accounting with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. This will need to be proven with unofficial college transcripts. This is a federal role therefore you must be a US Citizen to apply as you will be given a federal clearance.
*While this position is remote we would prefer candidates come from Texas, Indiana, Ohio, Atlanta, or the DC area*
- Reviews, reconciles, and processes appropriate transactions. Researches and resolves all reconciliation inquiries. Reviews and reconciles all monthly reports. This will include receivables, advances, suspense, undelivered orders, payables, and fixed assets.
- Determines the nature of errors, and upon receiving approval makes adjustments in the correct appropriation.
- Identifies and resolves accounting transactions creating out of balance conditions.
- Researches transactions and erroneous adjustments to isolate the original error and corrects it.
- Accomplishes daily and monthly reconciliation of the general ledger to subsidiary accounts, accruals, adjusting journal entries, accounting reports and special reports. Reconciles accounting system output with input for accuracy.
- Examines vouchers, invoices, claims, and other requests for payment for goods and services provided to, by the client, or for reimbursement of expenditures for travel and transportation for accuracy, adequacy of documentation or citations, compliance with regulations, and justification.
- Recommends the proper appropriation to be charged and expenditures made are incurred only as specifically authorized. This entails making payments, answering payment related phone calls, researching payment inquiries for the stations, working with vendorizing section to establish vendor id’s, etc.
- Prepares bills of collection for over-payments or payments to the wrong vendor.
- Prepares refund payments for debts having been overpaid. Inputs and maintains fiscal data entered into an automated financial system. Corrects rejects and processes payments. Accesses computer data bases to look up payment history information.
- Researches documents received in error. Maintains computerized general ledgers and related accounts, subsidiary ledgers, financial transaction documents and other related documents for the accounting system.
- Validates data using well-established accounting principles and practices.
- Analyzes documents for accuracy and authorization, documents financial transactions to ensure a proper audit trail and assigns accounting transactions having the proper accounting effect.
- Render technical advice relating to all phases of accounting, internal control, budget and fiscal matters. Develop through analysis, appropriate systems of accounting for initial and unusual circumstances.
- Reviews suspense transactions for the collection of debts processed through payroll deduction, recommends proper accounting treatment, and processes transactions to record the transaction to the appropriate station and accounting record.
- Identifies accounting problems, inaccurate records and reports, improper methods for document control, and lack of documentary evidence to support performance of reconciliations.
- Professional knowledge of accounting theories, practices, methods and techniques to independently perform a variety of assignments.
- Knowledge of business and accounting practices, policies, regulations, and procedures and accounting systems to relate to the needs of the agency.
- Requires knowledge of a wide variety of interrelated steps, conditions and procedures or accounting processes; knowledge of a variety of accounting and budget functional areas and their relationships to other functions; and knowledge of automated accounting and budget systems.
- Ability to deal tactfully with other employees to implement revised policies and procedures, to discuss changes relating to the automated accounting system and/or to coordinate necessary training in connection with revised operations or system changes.
- Ability to write correspondence to convey information relating to accounting processes and issues.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have 24 college credit hours in accounting?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote