Mission of Valley Christian:
The mission of Valley Christian is that students know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, live like Him, and prepare academically, physically, socially, and spiritually, so they are enabled to make a difference in the world.
Job Description Summary:
Valley Christian Schools in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area is looking to fill our Campus Security/Facilities position. This position is the key point of contact ensuring a safe learning and work environment for students and staff. This position remains alert to emergency situations and provides first-line response, emergency management, and/or referrals to other key individuals as required. This position is expected to be 70% security and 30% facilities work. This position works closely with the Director of Facilities, other staff, and leadership to ensure campuses and grounds remain safe, secure, usable and a healthy environment for students, employees, and visitors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with and reports to the Elementary Principal regarding all school safety / emergency procedures to ensure a safe environment for students and staff
- Serves as the first contact person regarding campus security issues
- Provides security when school is in session normally between the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Ensures placement and removal of signs for traffic control each day
- Conducts traffic control before school and after school
- Performs routine security and public safety patrol duties within assigned areas
- Provides security for crowd control at mutually agreed upon school events and activities
- Ensures all facilities activities support and conform to OSHA guidelines and school safety protocols
- Assists in maintaining school buildings and grounds to ensure full and productive use of campus facilities
- Follows all school guidelines regarding student, staff and parent interactions
- Adheres to Valley Christian policies, procedures/processes, and codes
- Performs other related assigned duties
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Must be a Christian with a consistent testimony among his/her family, peers, and students
- Must have or be willing to obtain CHL license and undergo psychological evaluation
- Must have and maintain a valid level one IVP fingerprint card
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver license
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to multi-task with organization skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with employees, students and outside vendors and businesses
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, and walking at times
- Must pass a psychological exam to conceal carry a weapon
- Must be willing to carry a concealed weapon while at work
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to travel locally to other school campuses if required
Hourly rate is $20 -$25 per hour and is commensurate with education and experience. Employee medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, and additional benefits are included with the position.
Background Check Statement:
VCS conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
To apply, click here: VCS Career Page
About Valley Christian Schools:
Valley Christian Schools offers students in Kindergarten through 12th Grade big school opportunities in a small school environment. Established in 1982, VCS provides 900+ students a distinctly Christian education with excellent academics, championship athletics, award-winning fine arts and a supporting community that encourages spiritual growth and the success of our students in and out of the classroom across our three East Valley campuses. Valley Christian is ranked as one of the Top 50 Christian high schools in the U.S., the #1 Christian High School in Arizona, and as one of the Top 125 Places to Work in Arizona. For more information visit, www.valleychristianaz.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Valley Christian Schools does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, or age. However, Valley Christian Schools is a Christian educational institution and, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. It is our desire to build an employee community of individuals who are currently actively living out their Christian faith and are in agreement with our policies outlined in Valley Christian Schools’ Employee Handbook.