AIR Communities is a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), who has, for more than 25 years, built its business around a relentless focus on our customer and our award-winning culture.
We are seeking a part-time Paralegal to join our team in Denver, CO. The selected candidate will play an essential role in daily operations of the AIR legal team, and is responsible for ensuring we meet critical deadlines for the preparation and filing of annual reports, state filings, and maintaining organized records for the organization.
This is an in-office position, 20-30 hours per week depending on company needs.
- Provide general corporate legal support including management, formation, qualification, dissolution, and withdrawals for subsidiary corporations, partnerships, and LLCs within public company structure.
- Manage a calendar of deliverables, ensuring that filings are completed on schedule.
- Respond to team member inquires with timely fulfilment of requests.
- Prepare entity organizational documents, amendments, consents and resolutions.
- Prepare and file annual reports and other state filings.
- Maintain and update company affiliate list, organizational charts, and minute books.
- Preparation of annual written consents for company and its subsidiaries.
- Maintain officer and director lists.
- Provide support for real estate transactions as needed.
- Preparation of basic legal documents relevant to real estate and corporate operations.
- Organize and maintain database of entity and real estate documents.
- Collaborate with Assistant GC to identify opportunities for process improvements or new approaches.
- Assist in other substantive legal areas as needed.
- 2+ years of corporate paralegal experience within a law firm or corporate legal department with demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within corporate practice areas.
- Experience working for a real estate company preferred, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills.
Keys to Success:
- Detail Oriented: You are consistently accurate, have an eye for detail and would always spot an error.
- Self-Starter: You work well independently, and respond well to new situations that require stretch and growth.
- Nimble Problem Solver: You proactively call out problems, while also providing recommendations and solutions. You are optimistic and say "Yes!" to finding an answer.
- Energized and Resilient: You are optimistic and display a positive attitude. You're determined and maintain composure under stress.
- Champion of Change and Innovation: You adapt to changing circumstances readily. You are passionate about seeing your company succeed, and find opportunities to champion ideas that make us better.
AIR offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team, and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
- Expected pay of $30-$35/hour. You will be provided a pay rate that is in line with your skills and experience as they relate to the requirements of the job.
- 401(K) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans.
- Paid Vacation, Wellness Bonus Days, and Paid Sick Time.
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Up to 100% Reimbursement on Professional Certification/Licensing for Job Related Curriculums.
- Discounted Rent at AIR communities (certain exclusions apply, and an application is required).
- Consumer discounts from various products and services including travel planning, wireless phones, health and fitness, home appliances, and more.
- 15 hours of paid time annually to give-back to your community.
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth including realistic job previews, in person and virtual leadership training, and performance improvement courses.
AIR values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. AIR prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.