- 2+ years of experience working as a legal assistant or in an administrative capacity
- Bachelor’s degree
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon’s legal team. As a Legal Assistant you will be a key member of our team, helping us support the rapidly growing Amazon Web Services business. The Legal Assistant will provide front line support for the AWS Infrastructure legal team, coordinating the execution of agreements and approvals, tracking documents, and providing administrative support. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects quickly with little guidance; react with appropriate urgency; take effective action without having to know the total picture; and solve problems that affect people within the team or other related teams.
The candidate will also be internal client-service oriented, have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organization skills, and the ability to easily switch gears. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information is also important. A good sense of humor is essential.
Key job responsibilities
- Coordinating contract approvals, signatures, and filings
- Creating and maintaining internal legal- and business-facing guidance, trainings, and other resources
- Effectively using and managing all software, systems, and tools used by the Legal Department and by our specific legal team; teaching team members and business users how to effectively use tools
- Identifying and executing on legal and business-facing process improvements, including simplification measures to eliminate repetitive, low spend, or low risk work
- Providing general administrative support including contract searches and organization, helping with presentations and trainings, meeting coordination, organizing travel arrangements, and creating and submitting expense reports.
- Acting as a primary resource or “go to” for the team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Client-service oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong desire and aptitude for learning new concepts
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Legal experience is a plus