Are you a strong editor with finely-honed attention to detail? Do you have experience writing and editing copy for clients in the legal industry, specifically? Have you edited B2C marketing copy specifically designed for converting website visitors to clients? If so, we're looking for you.
The Pen Is Mightier Content Creators is hiring talented, dynamic copy editors/copywriters to join our team on a part-time or contract basis. Professional copyediting experience is required, and experience writing and editing for the legal industry is strongly preferred.
As a copyeditor, you will be responsible for editing copy delivered by our team of professional writers. This is not proofreading for spelling and grammar, this is heavy editing for quality, tone/style, and accuracy.
Qualified candidates must be able to identify errors, consistency issues, logic problems, and text that could and should be strengthened and improved for maximum readability and conversion. This position requires skill and attention to detail. If you are passionate about writing and editing, this is a great opportunity for you.
Who Are We?
We are a full-service content creation agency that specializes in digital content for law firms, small-to-medium sized businesses, and digital marketing agencies.
We create and manage the digital marketing copy for over 500 law firms and professional businesses across the U.S. We write the high-quality copy that drives their marketing efforts and converts clicks to leads to clients.
This position is for you if:
- You have a passion for technical (non-creative) writing and editing. Experience in the legal industry will move you to the TOP of our list!
- You are extremely organized and cannot imagine missing a deadline
- You enjoy marketing businesses and are interested in helping our clients be successful
- You are interested in joining a dynamic team and company that has experienced tremendous growth over the past five years and is continuing to expand.
This position is not for:
- Editors with only light proofreading experience
- Copyeditors with only creative editing experience, and no B2C experience
- Marketers or other professionals with no prior copywriting experience
- Individuals who struggle to stay organized or who are ok with pushing back a deadline
- People looking for a “traditional” 8:00-5:00 job, and those who love the cubicle life
Compensation: Negotiable, based on experience
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Health savings account
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Copy editing: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote