This position is responsible for working with the Librarian II - Federal Documents Librarian to support the daily work of providing both physical and digital access to the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) documents by processing new materials, and collection maintenance. The Library Associate also supports the Reading Room by working regular assigned shifts at the Reading Room customer service desk.
- Support the Federal Documents collection. Check in and process new materials in multiple formats. Responsible for shelving of materials and assistance with the planning and execution of weeding and collection maintenance projects, including digitizing federal documents. Assist with processing discards from Arizona selective depository libraries. Create social media posts promoting government information collections.
- Provide researcher support in the Rosenbaum Reading Room, including registering researchers, providing an orientation, and assessing reference needs. Respond to telephone and email inquiries, and directs researchers to a librarian, archivist, or other state agency, as appropriate. Record usage data in print and online for statistical use.
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
- Knowledge of library cataloging and metadata standards
- Understanding of digital formats, techniques, and equipment
- Skilled with cataloging, creation of finding aids, writing metadata
- Skilled with spreadsheets, databases, content management systems, web design tools and online platforms
- Skilled with office computer skills, including Windows, Word and Excel.
- Skilled with basic scanning and digitization techniques.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse groups of people, including both technical and non-technical staff
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Some college required; prefer a bachelor's degree.
- Interest in state government and Arizona history.
Valid Arizona driver's license.Benefits:
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits pageRetirement:
All employees are subject to Arizona State Retirement System contributions.Contact Us:
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 602-541-6170 for assistance.