LPN II Med/Surg AdventHealth North Pinellas
Location Address: 1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
- Great Culture
- Top Quality outcomes
- Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
- Leadership is accessible
- Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible and accountable for identifying his/her individual educational preparation and experience when accepting an assignment. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. Provides the care/services needed as described in the policies and procedures for the following age groups:
Adolescent: 13 years to 17 years
Adult: 18 years to 64 years
Geriatric: 65 + years
2. The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
3. Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
4. Performs treatments within their scope of training and administers oral, IM and limited I.V. medications to assigned patients.
5. Provides direct patient care responsibilities for assigned patients in an efficient, organized manner under the direction of the RN.
6. Provides a safe environment.
7. Performs data collection specific for the age of the patient and contributes to their plan of care.
8. Reports all unusual occurrences to the Registered Nurse. Problem solves, sets priorities with the Registered Nurse.
9. Receives, verifies and implements physician orders.
10. Directs Certified Nursing Assistant as necessary and demonstrates a positive attitude towards patients, families, employees, physicians, and students.
11. Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence, and patient outcomes.
12. Works within the standards set forth by the Florida State Board of Nursing and Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital.
13. Participates in Unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Organizational Skills, ability to prioritize
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Previous Experience with Cerner Electronic Medical Record
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High Scholl Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational training in Accredited School of Licensed Practical Nursing.
- Advanced Pharmacology Course completion
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 3 months relevant clinical nurse experience preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Florida
- Current Basic Life Support within 90 days of hire.
- Completion of IV Therapy Course as outlined by the State of Florida, Board of Nursing
Under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides care for a set number of patients utilizing the patient care process, to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. Health Care needs are identified with the patient and family: formulates plan, sets goals for care, and educates patient and family. Evaluates patient outcomes in response to the plan and revises, as patient needs/responses requires. Represents the Department of Patient Care Services in a professional and courteous manner.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.