Translator/Interpreter, The Evaluation of theAmerican Spaces Project, Department of State,Morocco
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of this evaluation is to determine the degree to which the American Spaces Program is meeting Program aims of advancing access to information about the United States; advising local communities on U.S. higher education; providing English language teaching and learning opportunities; supporting alumni engagement; and promoting cultural programming abroad and contributing to core programming areas, and to identify best practices.
Social Impact is seeking a Translator based in Morocco to support the evaluation team and assist in translating data collection instruments and interpreting during interviews.
The estimated period of performance is October 1, 2019 through November 30, 2020. Fieldwork is expected to take place in May 2020.
*Please note: This is a locals-only position. Only candidates with Moroccan citizenship will be considered*
- Work closely with Project Manager, Evaluation Team, and Country Research Coordinators during fieldwork.
- Translate data collection protocols and provide interpretation services in-country.
- Participate in necessary preparatory/onboarding calls and meetings; and advise on follow-up questions as necessary.
- Abide by SI standards of ethics and quality.
- At least three to five years of experience working for international development organizations.
- Background in translation/interpretation for research studies and evaluations for international development programming.
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in the English and Arabic.
- Experience and ability to provide interpretation in a research setting.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Morocco for fieldwork.
- High levels of sociocultural competency and ability to maintain confidentiality
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls