At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon ITOC is searching for a candidate to work within the IT Operations Center as a Major Incident Manager. Duties include: Coordinating IT Support and Leadership resources across the IT organization with a goal to restore IT Services as quickly as possible. The Major Incident Manager is also responsible for Communicating clearly through many channels to Business Unit IT leadership and Key Clients to provide timely updates on the Major Incident(s). Additional duties include maintaining Incident data within Exelon’s Incident Management Ticketing System to ensure accurate reporting on Incident Timelines and transition to Problem Management for Continuous Improvement. A strong background within IT Operations (Hosting, Network, Database, Middleware) and Application Architecture is recommended. Experience in Network capture Tools and Packet Analysis is recommended. Strong ITIL process experience is required and IT Foundation certification is strongly recommended. Individual needs to be able to work independently, effective communicator, lead a team of highly engaged individuals, and drive resolution of incidents in a timely manner.
Primary Job Duties:
- Primary responsibility is coordinating and communicating the availability of the Exelon IT Data Network and Server environment and coordinating resources to reduce incident impact. Responsibilities include issue isolation and remediation to ensure minimal mean time to restore (MTTR).
- Coordinate resources and communicate timely updates on the incident until resolved and follow up after the incident is resolved to identify lessons learned
- Perform initial network/server diagnostics and troubleshooting to identify incident and report impact
- Facilitate troubleshooting efforts of chronic problem investigations
- Ability to work collaboratively with all Exelon IT employees resolving Exelon-wide IT incidents and chronic problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to communicate high level communications to senior level BU IT leadership
- On-call rotation and overtime are part of the job (nights, weekends, holiday’s)
- Working knowledge of networking and security devices (e.g. routers, firewalls, intrusion detection…).
- Ability to troubleshoot network / server issues based on received alerts, client input, and review of system logs, etc.
- Skills in troubleshooting and resolving problems with large-scale IT distributed systems.
- General knowledge of large-scale high business value applications and ability to view architectural diagrams to see big picture of how application fits within IT infrastructure platform.
- Ability to correlate problems with causes, and involve higher level technical support, as needed, for timely resolution of IT network and systems outages.
- Ability to compile operating data/statistics and prepare performance reports when requested.
- Working knowledge of IT network and systems management tools (experience with OMi/OEM, ServiceNow a plus).
- Experience with Cisco hardware and configuration.
- Experience with OpNet, Splunk, Tetration, App D, Wireshark and other software to do network traces
- Experience with Oracle Databases and application/database support
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux systems
- Ability to perform/analyze packet captures
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
Other IT Skills:
- Familiarity with IT Service Management (Asset & Configuration, Change Management, Problem and Incident management)
- Familiarity with ITOC/NOC practices
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well under high pressure situations
- Ability to collaborate with all IT employees, contractors and vendors
- Ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate resources as needed to accomplish end goal
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-starter: willingness to take personal initiative
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- May require ability to work at night, off-hours, holidays, and weekends (on-call rotation).
- May require emergency support for critical incidents (including storm) that require additional support to restore services
- May require emergency on-site support during severe storm mobilization and electric system damage restoration.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[Link available when viewing the job]