You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous, quick thinkers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s negotiating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year’s financial plan, you can influence both our day to day P&L and the future direction of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career.
How will you make an impact in this role?
This position supports the VP/LFO of the US Consumer business. The successful candidate will be a key member of the leadership team and work closely with senior business and finance leaders on overall business planning and strategy, talent management, and team engagement. The position provides an opportunity for a high potential, high performer to learn leadership skills by interacting with senior leaders across the Enterprise and helping to set and drive the agenda for the team. A great candidate will evolve into a true thought partner and advisor for the VP/LFO.
- Developing a structured and organized process for managing medium and longer-term strategic deliverables
- Talent strategy including resourcing, retention, recruitment, and recognition
- Team engagement strategy – drive original and fun content; be accessible, available and a trusted broker of sensitive information across the team
- Ownership of content and communications in biweekly team meetings – organizing speaker series; driving visibility to key workstreams; announcements and recognition
- As member of the Leadership Team, develop meeting objectives, organize meetings and follow up to ensure execution
- Development of robust presentations for key internal and external audiences
- Oversight of employee communications, organizational announcements and engagement
- Support ongoing colleague feedback, talent assessment, mid-year and year-end performance processes
- Key partner and relationship point person with other DAs, VPAs and points of contact across the Finance and US Consumer organizations
- Opportunity for ad hoc, strategic analysis based on the candidates’ interests and the priorities of the business
- High energy, proactive instinct
- Ideally the candidate will be independent, intellectually curious, culturally aware, self-starter and importantly, a strong relationship builder
- Excellent interpersonal skills, judgment, communication and ability to drive results
- Proven ability to supply thought leadership to business partners and creative solutions to business problems
- Structured and well organized
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to synthesize complex information, communicate key messages and influence organizational thinking
- Detail oriented, adaptable and highly motivated
- Proven ability to build relationships with all band levels and work effectively in a collaborative, multi-cultural, team environment
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters or MBA preferred – no prior experience in Finance required
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees – Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.