Our hospital is calling an Manager-Nursing-Acute Rehabilitation and Medical Surgical Overflow (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to Acute Rehabilitation
APPLY TODAY! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system. For consideration, please complete this step.
Manage the Inpatient Rehab Facility and Med Surg Departments to support the operation of 24-hour PRMCE services. Responsible for resource management, customer relations and operational standards. Manages 24 hour operations of the Medical/Surgical units Partners with Medical Directors of Medical/Surgical to develop program and fiscal planning for the services. Collaborates to develop integrated delivery system for Medical/Surgical and seamless patient care plan for rehab, surgical and non-cardiac medical inpatients
In this position you will:
Manages human resources:
Completes employee performance evaluations according to PRMCE policy.
Consistently manages and documents employee performance issues; uses progressive discipline appropriately.
Conducts or oversees the hiring and orientation of employees utilizing approved interview processes
Ensures compliance of employment laws, contractual agreements and employment policies and procedures.
Develops and documents department specific competency based training and meetings.
Manages patient satisfaction:
Assesses department’s patient satisfaction
Collaborates with staff to develop patient satisfaction improvement plans based on patient and family centered care.
Ensures that patient satisfaction data is shared with and displayed for staff.
Uses professional practice model to solve problems and plan intervention.
Patient safety and staff
Assesses unit/department for safety risks.
Collaborates with staff to review current evidence for best practice in areas requiring improvement
Is aware of benchmarks for best practice and national means in nurse sensitive outcomes for areas of responsibility.
Reviews and prepares department policies and procedures on an annual or more frequent basis.
Assures that Joint Commission, state, federal and other regulatory standards, laws or rules are followed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Five (5) years progressive Nursing leadership experiencee.
Sufficient and progressively responsible management experience in a health care setting.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Master’s Degree in Nursing or Health Care Administration.
Strong preference for Inpatient Rehab experience.
- Provide the essential back-office support that clear the way for clients to focus on what do best: real business
- Supervise the OR Coordinator and Pre-Op/PACU Coordinator regarding clinical and ancillary services within the center and analyzes and evaluates continuously all nursing services
- Attend mandatory in-services and either attend or read notes from unit meetings
- Discuss content and scientific rigor of materials/programs and to assure alignment in Medical Affairs
- Promote and practices in an environment that foster two-way communication between in leadership and providing hands-on-care
- Create or revise Customer Care Center scripts, Product Safety product training
- Provide feedback on various forms of communication of medical/scientific content, including but not limited to slides, abstracts, manuscripts, Standby Statements, Press Releases
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure quality patient care, satisfaction and a culture of safety
- Ensure that assigned nursing area operate within allocated funds
- Provide scientifically balanced responses to external parties (healthcare providers and patients) or internal parties (affiliates and distributors)
- Believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life
- Manage aspects of Company Core Data Sheets (CCDS) development, maintenance and implementation of CCDSs for Medical Affairs
- Researching, and summarizing medical literature, review of internal clinical studies and global labels and participating in Labeling Sub-team (s)
- Complete inbound and outbound calls and take appropriate action based on transaction characteristics of greater complexity
- Process manual professional claims, responsible for editing and adjusting of claims per the EDI daily audit report, analyze and adjudicate claims to ensure accurate payment, interpret Fee
- Support the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills
- Recognizing, obtaining pertinent data on, and accurately transmitting adverse events or product complaints to the appropriate internal departments
- Lead and direct services, workflow and resources for assigned nursing area
- Perform Medical Accuracy Review (MAR) for Promotion Review Board pieces containing medical content
- Participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all., Consistently demonstrate through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity