LOCATION 309 West 7th St Los Angeles CA US 90014
Bring your 7+ years of retail architectural experience to a growing Fortune 500 retail company and certified Great Place to Work! Burlington Stores is a nationally recognized retailer of high-quality, branded merchandise at everyday low prices, with over 840 stores in 45 states and Puerto Rico.
Burlington is growing rapidly and our store innovation team is seeking a Manager of Architecture to join them in supporting that growth. As a Manager of Architecture - West , you’ll be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of architectural functions related to: Prototype Development, Architectural Exterior Branding & Facades, New Stores, Remodels, Capital Projects, and Non-Retail/Corporate Facilities in your assigned territory.
This remote role can be based in the Los Angeles or San Francisco markets.
The successful candidate will have 7+ years of directly related retail architectural experience, either in-house with a fast-paced growing retailer, or with a large retail-focused architectural firm. This role requires flexibility to travel: to meet with our real estate team and landlords & their architects at potential sites; to supply timely on-site guidance during the construction process; and to conduct market research as needed.
- Independently provide a full range of architectural services for retail and non-retail/corporate facility projects. Includes refining and further developing design concepts started by others.
- Develop site specific Façade and exterior branding
- Lead architectural functions and drive development of store specific budget and fee proposals
- Lead architectural activities and participate in overall project closeout
- Mentor and partner with team members within Store Planning and Construction throughout the documentation process
- Manage and ensurethe Landlord’s Architectand design team execute accurate construction drawings per Burlington prototype and specific lease agreements
- Manage the production and delivery of full sets of CDs (construction drawings & specifications) from external partners
- Facilitate the construction document review and tracking process
- Organize and lead meetings involving internal & external clients/partners related to architectural development
- Approximately 20% travel required; may increase as needed
- Evaluate qualifications and job performance of Architectural, Engineering and Design consultants; coordinate the proposal and selection process for same
- Develop and maintain KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and deliver year/year performance improvement
- Review contractor questions and submittals to ensure compliance with design intent and design solutions
- Evaluate, select and/or approve construction materials and products
Outstanding communication and presentation skills are required for this cross-functional strategic and tactical role. AutoCAD & SketchUp expertise and Microsoft Office proficiency are a must. Microsoft Project proficiency preferred.
Burlington is committed to being an employer of choice. We offer a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work through various social responsibility initiatives. As a growing company, we offer high-performing, motivated associates a variety of professional development and career growth opportunities. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2022-176964
Location US-CA-Los Angeles
Address 309 West 7th St
Zip Code 90014
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Posted Date 4/7/2022 6:12 PM
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Real Estate/Store Development