We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class:
The Exploris POS team is a team within the IT Applications Development organization responsible for developing and supporting a robust POS System and critical integrations that many applications depend on with in Advance Auto Parts enterprise. This POS system supports 2000 plus stores both Corporate owned and our Independent customer base. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, and other IT teams to define the vision, roadmaps, strategy for the order management systems based on customer and stakeholder needs, company goals and strategy, market trends and technology advancement/
- Work closely with a nimble team of software engineers and enterprise architects to ensure the solutions meet our business needs using Agile methodologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify appropriate resource needs; work with appropriate management to get resource commitments; make recommendations in sourcing strategy
- Create and manage delivery schedule; track progress in completing project tasks. Ensure project schedules are as efficient as possible, utilizing critical path analysis where appropriate; and ensure project resources accurately charge time to appropriate tasks.
- Manage cost; provide level of effort and estimates, ensure financial forecast is created and maintained through the project
- Track and manage risk and issues; appropriately escalate to management and project stakeholders
- Coordinate with Security Architecture and Engineering functions regarding the selection and implementation of applicable controls.
- Maintain a leadership expertise on current technology, trends, and best practices.
- Working with and helping build a strong team in our Advance Auto Global Capability Center (GCC)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of a development background in application development and/or technical project management, especially in retail industry and order management systems area (strongly preferred).
- Strong familiarity with API management, Micro-services, Visual Basic 6.0 and .NET, PERL
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure and how to move and platform application in the cloud.
- Strong experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment; Certified Scrum Master Certification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel.
- Basic understanding of Organizational Change Management principals and ability to make recommendations for appropriate adoption of IT solutions.
- Understanding of basic project accounting principles.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or 5-7 years of practical experience managing simultaneous projects driving successful delivery according to scope, schedule and budget; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years in Application Development or Infrastructure Engineering managing
- 5 years in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5-7 years retail experience, strong background in POS systems
- Establish delivery goals and KPIs to measure against them.
- Setting quarterly and annual goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with department goals and vision.
- Organize workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitor employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Manage overall team and individuals’ skillsets, performance and throughput through training plans, career development, and performance management.
- Ability to use collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management
Moderate (up to 25%) overnight travel may be required