Diamond Plastics Corporation is one of today's leading PVC pipe producers in North America and one of the largest producers in the world with products for both water and sewer applications through 60 inches in diameter. Diamond Plastics has seven manufacturing facilities located strategically across the United States.
The position is in charge of one or more extrusion and/or manufacturing processes that produces PVC (polyvinyl chloride) materials into pipe. The position is responsible for the complete extrusion process from raw material to finished product including manufacturing standards and efficiencies, maintaining quality standards and documentation of all processes during their watch. The position is expected to support Diamond Plastics Corporation’s teamwork strategies and assist their co-workers to maintain all continuous improvement strategies.
The position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Determine setup procedures and assist with installation of dies, machine screws, and sizing rings on machines according to specifications.
- Start machines and set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, and temperature, and to synchronize speed of manufacturing process. Continue to monitor these processing throughout the shift and make adjustments to meet production efficiencies and specifications. Produce extruded pipe into of specified lengths and weights.
- Operate and/or oversee saw to cut pipe to specified lengths.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as tape measure, calipers, gauges, or micrometers. Adjust controls to meet specified measurements and diameters. Record hourly pipe readings such as temperature, weights, wall thickness and diameter and length. Reject products not meeting specifications.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with templates or samples to verify conformance to standards. Reject products not meeting specifications.
- Bundle pipe according to inventory/shipping specifications.
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Maintain housekeeping practices equivalent to plant standards.
- Comply with all company safety, standards, rules and policies.
- Reliable attendance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Skill levels: This position is skill-level based with specialty skills that must be achieved for each level. Skill-based pay is a set compensation based on the achievement of these skills. All individuals will also perform the essential functions of each skill level achieved.
1. Must be able to work 12-hour shifts.
2. Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floors.
3. Must be able to lift, push and pull weights to 60 pounds.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and physical requirements.
Experience and Education Requirements:
1. High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Diamond Plastics has an exceptional benefit package including
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Starting wage $21 with ability to move up