Location:6112 N 56th Ave, Glendale, Arizona 85301 United States of America
Are you skilled with hand-tools and a good team player? If so, consider becoming U-Haul’s newest Tooling Specialist to work in our Manufacturing Plant as a machinist!
Pay Depends On Experience.
Pay ranges DOE $19-$36H.
U-Haul offers Tooling Specialists:
- Career stability
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
- Life insurance
- MetLaw Legal program
- MetLife auto and home insurance
- Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 24-hour physician available for kids
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
- Business and travel insurance
- YouMatter EAP
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Tooling Specialist Primary Responsibilities:
- Support product manufacturing by providing engineering drawings and CAD-generated tooling designs
- Generate concept designs, make changes, and retrofit projects
- Select appropriate assembly components for purchase and create requisitions
- Review, update, and formalize drawings
- Review electrical requirements and perform engineering calculations
Tooling Specialist Minimum Qualifications:
- Familiar with manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of drafting principles, machine shop techniques, and electrical devices
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Solid Works
- Able to responsibly handle confidential information
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.