Mechanical Engineer, CAD
We’re on the lookout for a Mechanical Engineer to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-functional role, related to our high voltage E-Powertrain. In this role you’ll work mainly on CAD aspects of the E-Axle system of Class 8 heavy duty trucks. Occasionally you will be required to support additional roles based on your skillset and company requirements. You will:
- Main activity in maintaining and developing 2D drawing, and 3D CAD models, and releasing them in the DMU system,
- Additional activities related to development of eAxle Components and systems which includes Product Specification, Concept, Design, Packaging, DFMEA/DVP, Tolerance Calculations, Simulations and Documentation
- Support analysis of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products that may be integrated into an eAxle
- Possibly assist with electromagnetics, mechanical, and/or thermal design aspect of various components in the E-Axle, including the e-motor, gearbox, differential, axle structure, thermal system components, etc.
- Work with the cross-discipline teams and other design engineers to help integrate the eAxle in overall truck assembly.
- Assist with various components and assemblies in CAD tools
- Perform complex design analysis
- Develop engineering designs (including subsystems)
- Implement engineering changes
- Occasional interaction with supplier
- Monitoring, and updating Jira tickets as needed
- Occasional travel to vehicle manufacturing plant, and office
This Is What You’ll Need
- Degree B.S. or M.S., in mechanical and or automotive Engineering, or related degree, with a focus on working with electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in CAD (CATIA) Drafting, and Design
- Experience with drawing standards and GD&T.
- Experience in cable, hose routing and sheet metal modeling is preferred.
- Basic understanding of electrified powertrain concepts (motor, inverter, gearbox, and battery systems), emerging trends, and overall system interaction
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting
- The ability to work independently
- Must have the ability to deliver succinct written and verbal communication
- Creative capacity for developing new ways to integrate complex system better and faster in alignment with the aggressive industry approach to revolutionary product development
- Must be highly motivated and able to manage multiple assignments concurrently with limited supervision, while driving day-to-day operations
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.