**$1000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians, part of Optum
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that’s way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We’re leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we’re a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We’re also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life’s best work.(sm)
ProHealth Ear, Nose & Throat, ProHealth Hearing & Balance and Plastic Surgery has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Medical Assistant to join our team. The Medical Assistant supports the Care team and its patients through patient care, clinical and administrative tasks including patient intake, receiving and responding to patient phone calls, and documenting patient interactions. The MA performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider or physician. This is a 40 hour a week position and the work hours will be 8 hour shifts that may vary and will be scheduled during the office hours of 8:00 am. to 5:00 pm. This position will be based in Bristol but travel to other clinic offices for staff coverage is required (Manchester, Glastonbury, Farmington, Meriden, Bloomfield, and Enfield).
- The Medical Assistant supports the Care team and its patients through patient care, clinical and administrative tasks including patient intake, receiving, and responding to patient phone calls, and documenting patient interactions
- The MA performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by, and under the supervision of, a provider or physician
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks, and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Carries out standing orders consistent with ProHealth’s policies and procedures
- Schedules tests, treatments, and follow-up visits on behalf of patients
- In advance of the visit, perform Pre-visit Preparation to confirm that all needed information is available
- Delivers quality customer service/patient care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Graduate of MA accredited program
- Medical Assistant Certification/Registered or attained within 120 days of hire
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD – 10 and CPT coding
- 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience in a physician practice setting
- Bilingual Spanish
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift, push or pull >35 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and / or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and / or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
- Ability to discriminate shades of color when reading dipstick
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $15.00 to $24.13. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: MA, Medical Assistant, CT, Bristol, Connecticut, specialist, otolaryngology, CMA, RMA, MALCDCBDriver2019