Job Title:Medical Exam Processing Specialist
Reports To:Manager of Occupational Medical
Company Information:DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider. These include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and more. DISA has been servicing customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and employs more than 800 team members across 30 locations.
Our entire team is committed to high quality and customer service excellence. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, DISA has developed some of the most advanced platforms in our industry. These platforms support more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA offers a collaborative and team-oriented culture with monthly appreciation events, as well as competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. Our internal learning and development team also provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training, paving the way for numerous opportunities for career advancement.
Provides support for Occupational Medical Team to include overseeing document management system, audit/process Occupational Health Services, outbound calls to vendors as well as daily administrative support.
Document Management System:
- Oversee Occupational Health Docman.
- Responsible for daily incoming files.
- Categorizing Files based on Occupational Health Service.
- Sorted Files – Link file to the specific order in DISA 360.
- Medical Documents Pending- review and verify order in DISA 360.
Audit/Process Occupational Health Services:
- Daily bloodwork audit to include adequacy and completion.
- Outbound calls to include (but not limited to) the laboratories and medical facilities to request and
determine if services were preformed and to request documentation and amendments for service.
- Perform review of medical documents for validity and completeness based on regulatory criteria and
- Adhere to escalation process when necessary.
- Create incident Reports for service failures.
- Daily Data Entry of customer and account data including (but not limited to) exam information.
- Customer Service-communication with clients either electronically or telephone.
- Assist with laboratory supply orders
- Answer phone calls and relay messages within a timely manner.
- Audit credentialling programs for medical examiners performing Occupational Health Services.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience utilizing customer serviced skills
- Experience in the drug testing industry
- Certification in the medical field
- Some college education
- Sitting for more than 6 hours per day
- Standing and walking for less than 1 hour per day
- Limited stooping, bending, and twisting
- Frequent lifting up to 3 kilograms
Work Schedule:Available 40 hours from Monday through Friday between 8:30 am to 7 pm EST. There will be one late night required to work until 7 pm.
DISA is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.