We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
The ideal candidate has attention to detail, task-oriented, reliable, technically proficient, experience using aseptic technique, and experience with various lab equipment; i.e. vortex, centrifuge, pipettes, and PCR testing experience is a plus.
1. Entering lab orders in the LIS system or retrieving orders from the EMR system.
2. Performing testing and accurately record results in all lab areas.
3. Processing send-outs to the reference lab and verify the results are received (electronically or manually).
4. Helping resolve technical problems.
5. Monitoring test analysis and specimen examination to ensure that testing meets all acceptable performance criteria.
6. Ensuring that patient test results are not reported unless all criteria for test performance characteristics are acceptable.
7. Performing proficiency testing or split sample testing.
8. Maintaining inventory in a neat and acceptable manner.
9. Participating in continuing education and in-service programs.
10. Operate various instruments if trained to do so.
11. Performing QC testing and recognize deviation from acceptable values. Follow established protocol for remedial action. Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results.
12. Ensuring proper maintenance is completed. Responsible for weekly and monthly maintenance.
13. Ensuring remedial or corrective actions take place when test systems deviate from the laboratory's specified performance specifications.
14. Ensuring that patient test results are not reported unless all criteria for test performance characteristics are acceptable.
15. Maintain licensure, if applicable.
16. Perform any additional duties as assigned.
One of the following requirements must be met in accordance with state and federal guidelines:
1. MD, DO, DPM with current medical license in state of lab’s location
2. PhD in clinical laboratory science or chemical, physical, or biological science
3. Master’s in medical technology, clinical laboratory science or chemical, physical, or biological science
4. Bachelor’s in medical technology, clinical laboratory science or chemical, physical, or biological science
5. Associate degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology
6. Education AND training equivalent to an associate degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology: a. Education - 60 semester hours including either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses or 24 semester hours of science courses (6 hours of chemistry; 6 hours of biology, and 12 hours in chemistry, biology or medical laboratory technology, or any combination b. Training – either completion of an approved/accredited clinical laboratory training program, which may be included in the 60 semester hours specified above or at least 2 years hands-on laboratory experience.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Weekend availability
- Associate (Preferred)
- Clinical laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- Medical Technologist (Preferred)
Work Location: One location